Intro: Supra owner but still a NSX Fan

Hi, i own a 1988 Supra Turbo (Classic i love the older supras more than the newer ones) and ive always been a fan of the NSX, it was my second dream car (Supra was my first). Now that i have the Supra im waiting for the early model NSX prices to drop into my range but until then i hope you dont mind having a Supra Enthusiest on this forum.

Heres a picture of my car it has 107K Original Miles
DSCF1680.jpg

Welcome aboard! There are many Supra enthusiasts in the forum all over :smile:

My dad used to have one. He pretty much handed it down to me back in '93.

I wasn't really into cars back then. I can remember having the headgaskets changed a couple times. :)

It does bring back memories lookin' at your pic.

My dad used to have one. He pretty much handed it down to me back in '93.

I wasn't really into cars back then. I can remember having the headgaskets changed a couple times. :)

It does bring back memories lookin' at your pic.

Thanks for the Compliments guys heres a few more pics

DSCF1772.jpg

DSCF1697.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

This is how i hope my Supra will look like once lowered, new front lip and of course rims

1987Supra.jpg

1987Supra4.jpg

1987Supra2.jpg

dam that is hella good condition...my roomate in college had one and it was pretty fast

yeah they are pretty quick with some bolt ons. these dont hold their value as well as the MK4's mainly because of the movie MK3's prices should start increasing soon.

On the good side of things i hope to get this on soon

DSCF1674.jpg

I had one of those! my friend now owns it. I ran mid 11's at the track with it. I updated it to the 1992 look. I had Art Carr do the auto trans, man that thing slammed gears like you would not believe. I would go sideways on the 2-3 shift at 60 MPH!!!

I am still fond of that car. Does your cat use that thingamagig?

I had one of those! my friend now owns it. I ran mid 11's at the track with it. I updated it to the 1992 look. I had Art Carr do the auto trans, man that thing slammed gears like you would not believe. I would go sideways on the 2-3 shift at 60 MPH!!!

I am still fond of that car. Does your cat use that thingamagig?

Yes my cat use the rubbing post thingy. I was considering the 89+ Look but for some reason i think the Pre89 look with a front lip looks more aggressive. I was thinking about getting the tranny built but im also considering a transmission swap to the 5spd. All in the future though just going through the planning phase

That is a very nice MKIII. :cool: Keep up the good work. I use to have a 89 MKIII (7M-GTE) with pretty much all the HKS goodies (FCON, VPC, GCC...etc.). I was running 18 lbs of boost capable of 25 lbs. I was very fond of that car. Here is a few pictures before I sold it.

e897da97.jpg

e897d93d.jpg

e897d7a1.jpg

More of her can been seen here - http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2089807856

That is a very nice MKIII. :cool: Keep up the good work. I use to have a 89 MKIII (7M-GTE) with pretty much all the HKS goodies (FCON, VPC, GCC...etc.). I was running 18 lbs of boost capable of 25 lbs. I was very fond of that car. Here is a few pictures before I sold it.

e897da97.jpg

e897d93d.jpg

e897d7a1.jpg

More of her can been seen here - http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2089807856
Nice 89 my Supra has the GReddy Turbo upgrade was that Trust ehaust loud by any chance im putting on my Tanabe SHM soon.

Konig Villains on that blue Supra with the bodykit! I had those on my 300ZXTT for a few years. I liked the look of the rims but they bent too easily.

Konig Villains on that blue Supra with the bodykit! I had those on my 300ZXTT for a few years. I liked the look of the rims but they bent too easily.

Nice i was wondering what kind of rims those were. Im actaully trying to find one of eaither or type of rims. Work Equips like the one on NMYMIRR's old Supra or BBS RS Mesh rims. Im actually curious if any NSX owners live in Houston. I saw a black NSX at "wings and more" in katy about a month back. Im actually looking for some new car buds.

I really like the quality of this exhuast so much im gonna post another pic

DSCF1440.jpg

DSCF1414.jpg

I like this one too despite that color.

bom3.jpg

Nice i was wondering what kind of rims those were. Im actaully trying to find one of eaither or type of rims. Work Equips like the one on NMYMIRR's old Supra or BBS RS Mesh rims.

I think the wheels you have right now are perfect. Why do you want to change them?! :confused:

Thats Mike Urbanos Supra. He died in a motorcycle accident a while back terrible loss for our Supra community

Mike died?!!! wow... that's sad. I had a couple of not so good incidents with him but man I hope he is resting in peace some place. Our issues were petty.

Anyway good luck in your project. Can you tell me what is a good site for MKIII's and what your username is? So I can tell my friend that bought my old car?

Oh and the reason I don't have a 5 speed in the car is because that engine's torque ripped through 2 of them and at the track the art carr auto was much faster. It kept me in full boost all the time.

NYMIRR thats a clean MKIII! wow this is bringing back memories...

Mike died?!!! wow... that's sad. I had a couple of not so good incidents with him but man I hope he is resting in peace some place. Our issues were petty.

Anyway good luck in your project. Can you tell me what is a good site for MKIII's and what your username is? So I can tell my friend that bought my old car?

Oh and the reason I don't have a 5 speed in the car is because that engine's torque ripped through 2 of them and at the track the art carr auto was much faster. It kept me in full boost all the time.

NYMIRR thats a clean MKIII! wow this is bringing back memories...

Yeah it was really sad. the best place for MK3 Supras are www.supramania.com My Username there is JDMMA70 (Same one here)

To me the MK3 Supra and the NSX look really exotic to me. Despite what some people will say. But they are both unique and great looking cars. I want to see some NSX in person to compare with my Supra if i could find some who live near me

Nice 89 my Supra has the GReddy Turbo upgrade was that Trust ehaust loud by any chance im putting on my Tanabe SHM soon.

That's actually a Greddy exhaust is it pretty quiet in comparison. I had a RSR before that and I sold it after a few months. It was so loud (droning) at freeway cruising speed, that I couldn't stand it.

That's actually a Greddy exhaust is it pretty quiet in comparison. I had a RSR before that and I sold it after a few months. It was so loud (droning) at freeway cruising speed, that I couldn't stand it.

Yeah ive always like the look and sound that the GReddy SP (Trust is the same thing) and Tanabe SHM gave off. To bad they dont make that exhaust anymore I really wanted to buy one. Out of curiosity how low is the Supra compared to the NSX?

Yeah ive always like the look and sound that the GReddy SP (Trust is the same thing) and Tanabe SHM gave off. To bad they dont make that exhaust anymore I really wanted to buy one. Out of curiosity how low is the Supra compared to the NSX?

It's like comparing apples and oranges (no comparison). Each have pros and cons. The Supra that I had was like a beast on steroids and it had plenty of power and torque.....I couldn't launch it without loosing traction on 1st, 2nd & 3 gears. It would just keep pulling and pulling. The Supra is more of a straight line drag race car IMO. I would never take the Supra on a road course because of it's mass and hefty weight. It can easily break loose powering up coming out of a turn (which has happened to me on more than on occassion). Never the less the Supra is fun car to drive because of it's power & torque.

The NSX doesn't have quite the HP as a Supra would have, but the car is just so much more refined. I guess if you have a limited amount of $$$, you could probably make the NSX as powerful as a Supra. Handling wise the NSX will eat the Supra alive in that department, but then again I just think that these two cars totally different and each has its advantages and dissadvantages.

It's like comparing apples and oranges (no comparison). Each have pros and cons. The Supra that I had was like a beast on steroids and it had plenty of power and torque.....I couldn't launch it without loosing traction on 1st, 2nd & 3 gears. It would just keep pulling and pulling. The Supra is more of a straight line drag race car IMO. I would never take the Supra on a road course because of it's mass and hefty weight. It can easily break loose powering up coming out of a turn (which has happened to me on more than on occassion). Never the less the Supra is fun car to drive because of it's power & torque.

The NSX doesn't have quite the HP as a Supra would have, but the car is just so much more refined. I guess if you have a limited amount of $$$, you could probably make the NSX as powerful as a Supra. Handling wise the NSX will eat the Supra alive in that department, but then again I just think that these two cars totally different and each has its advantages and dissadvantages.

Well thanks for that but:biggrin: haha i asked for how LOW the supra is compared to the NSX (height wise ya know next to each other) and I love driving my supra in the twisties its really fun. my end goal for this car is 450HP so its not too crazy. Gotta love TEMS haha. I think the Supra and the NSX are really good cars for both aspects. The Supra when Toyota built the MK3 was to be the best Sports Car on the market not a Exotic. However it does give off an exotic vibe if you ask me. And the Supra isnt Totally lost on handling if you know how to drive. I prefer circuit than drag racing. (Rarity among supra owners i guess)

Well thanks for that but:biggrin: haha i asked for how LOW the supra is compared to the NSX (height wise ya know next to each other) and I love driving my supra in the twisties its really fun. my end goal for this car is 450HP so its not too crazy. Gotta love TEMS haha. I think the Supra and the NSX are really good cars for both aspects. The Supra when Toyota built the MK3 was to be the best Sports Car on the market not a Exotic. However it does give off an exotic vibe if you ask me. And the Supra isnt Totally lost on handling if you know how to drive. I prefer circuit than drag racing. (Rarity among supra owners i guess)

Oh, my bad. :redface: Well the NSX is still definitely lower than the Supra from what I can remember.

Oh, my bad. :redface: Well the NSX is still definitely lower than the Supra from what I can remember.

and haha you had an 89 you missed out on one of the coolest feautures from the Supra. "The Super Moniter!!" Thats one thing i KNOW the NSX doesnt have :wink:

Back