Internet Service?

• Thread starter Thread starter ak
  • Start date Start date

ak

Legendary Member
I just moved into an apartment and I found out the following.

1. The apt complex has some no-name cable company providing cable who claims they'll have highspeed internet soon but no set date which probably means it ain't coming anytime soon.(When I looked at the place, I asked the apt lady if there's highspeed internet and she said yes....I think she was referring to this one)
2. No DSL
3. No location to put dish....so no satellite.
4. Wireless internet(Verizon or whoever) is too expensive for the speed you get.

Is there anything I can do or am I screwed until I move out? I'm so tired of dial ups!

You're screwed ak.
jpshakehead.gif

Move.

Move. These days, I would have asked the question before signing the lease. Many apartment complexes (especially the newer ones) are now offering broadband internet in every unit. I wouldn't move into one that didn't.

Enjoy your dial-up.

Do you know of anyone in nearby houses/complexes with high speed internet? If so, you could setup a wireless router if it's close enough, and pay for a portion of their internet access fees. ;)

Otherwise, you're SOL. :(

if you're moving there for just a short period of time, see if you can find any cyber cafes/Internet cafes (whatever you call them in the USA) nearby... you might have to resort to paying them a visit.

The benefit of this is you'll actually find yourself with a lot of spare time you didn't have before the Internet. :D

Back