• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

interior mirror

Hey, my interior mirror came off as I was moving my briefcase across my seat; it must have snagged it. anybody know how to put it back on; I tried but doesn't seem obvious, I wonder if there is a missing part?:confused:

thanks in advance, I have been driving manually holding it up!:redface:

There should be a mount glued to your window, the mirror slides over the mount, and a screw is tightened, locking it in place. If the mount came off the glass, you need to glue it back in place. Home depot sells automotive rear view mirror glue (I believe it's made by loctite) in the paint section, near the epoxies.

If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, any glass installer should be able to re-glue it for you for a marginal charge. When a windscreen is replaced, they typically remove the mount from the old glass, and glue it in place on the new windshield.

Sorry , should have been more clear.

The mirror came off , just the plastic. there is a metal piece still glued to the inside of the windshield.

I can't seem to snap the plastic part of the mirror stand to the square piece of metal on the inside of the windshield.

I'll try to figure out how to send a picture ; when it is light tomorrow, I'll look to see if there is another piece that came off to keep it in place .

any links to show someone how to attach pictures?

Picture help:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111552

The mirror arm has a phillips screw on the bottom, the other end of this screw goes into a plate, which has a curved edge. When you loosen this screw, the plate on the top of the mirror arm becomes loose - with this plate in its loosened position, you should be able to slide the assembly over the mount, which is glued to the glass; once you do this, you tighten the screw, and everything locks into place.

Chris: you are the best! we'll go to the Redskins game and try not to lose another one. painful yesterday!

Back