Interior Color in warm climates

Hello, I am in the market for an NSX and am debating about the interior color choice. I live in New Mexico where it can get pretty warm in the summer, typically 10 days or so with temps above 100F (OK, it's nothing like Phoenix!) and I'm concerned about how hot a black interior would get in such a small car. Anyone out there in warm climes have any advice or experiences to share? I've done window tinting on my other vehicles, they have light colored interiors, and they get pretty toasty in the summer. Thanks in advance for sharing. :biggrin:

Seeking '97 to '02 6spd 3.2litre

I'd think even tan leather is gonna get pretty hot in New Mexico sun. Is the color difference as drastic as everyone seems to always think so? I never really thought it was.

The interior in my Legend is black and Tan in my NSX. The Tan is MUCH cooler in the summer IMO

My Black on Black gets pretty darn hot. Maybe find one with ivory interior.

the black leather interior (even in cali) can get super scorching hot during summer... sometimes i burn the underside of my leg on leather on days i wear shorts...

but it still doesn't deter me from wanting black interior....

I live in Boise, ID and the summers get quite hot up here too. I thought that the black interior would be unbearable, but it isn't bad. The tinted windows and my ECLIPSE SUN SHADE for the windshield really help. When I get in I open both windows and MAX on the A/C. The small interior doesn't take long to cool down.

In other words don't pass up a clean car with black interior just for this reason!!!

Brad

Back