Interesting News from Quaife Engineering

I have no affiliation with this, but am on their mailing list since I was asking about a sequential transmission.

New Gear cutting capabilities at Quaife

Electronic helical shaping now available at RT Quaife Engineering LTD

Hello there!,

We are pleased to announce that we have completed production of the first batches of Quaife gears using our new Liebherr LSE380 helical gear shaper, the only one of its kind in the UK.
Our new machine was direct from the Liebherr factory in Germany and was installed in late 2015. It was commissioned in early 2016 and after an intensive period of training to ensure our skilled staff are up-to-date on this state-of-the-art technology, we are now accepting RFQs for helical shaping work.
The LSE380 features include:

Electronic guide to reduce setup time and tooling costs
Internal and external helical shaping
Maximum diameter of 500mm
High volume capacity with auto loader
Multiple stacked heads allowing multiple gear cutting relative to each other without costly fixtures
Tilting head (in-cycle) up to 12 degrees for backed off gears
Live tool changing mid-cycle
Stroke up to maximum of 220mm

Established in 1965, RT Quaife Engineering LTD have been providing engineering solutions to customers for over 50 years and continue to do so today in our two Kent factories with a combined floor space of over 50,000 sqft. Whilst we are best known for our sequential gearboxes and Automatic Torque Biasing differentials in the motorsport world, a large part of our business is dedicated to providing expertise from design consultancy through to prototyping, production runs and aftermarket support to companies from all sectors who have identified a requirement for a cost effective solution to an existing problem.

We provide subcontract support for industries as diverse as mining, military and aviation and our high-value continuous investment programme for our two UK factories enables us to turn our attention to almost any mechanical engineering challenge. If you would like to know more about what we could do for you, click here.

Kind Regards

Mark Catterall
Commercial Manager
RT Quaife Engineering LTD

I'm not sure if they would be willing to do anything for the NSX without a crazy order quantity, but figured I would pass it along.

Funny...

I got the same news letter and thought exactly the same thing.

I know Quaife makes or used to make a bell housing to allow one of their boxes install our cars but their sequential boxes unless you pay allot of money do not support enough power to make it worth the expense.

Back