Interesting eBay 2002 JH4NA21682T000149

Re: Interesting eBay 2002

here's some more on the car:

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=961449

not sure how many miles it had at the time though...don't think that the 50,000 miles noted is correct.

*edit*

as per post #15 by member nsxtasy, 14k miles per year was the number on the odometer in 2008, so...

2008-2002 = 6 years x 14k miles/year = 84,000 miles in march 2008.

who knows how many more miles it has done if it was daily driven...could be closer to 100,000 miles by now.

apparently by report of members, the car also has had paint work done before...

nevertheless, it could be a good deal for someone who is willing to replace all the missing parts.

Last edited:

this car is a mess, not worth it. saw it in person. safe the headache, get a clean car. The seller makes it sound like its a great deal. Anyone thinking about it NO NO NO on this one.

anesthesia

this car is a mess, not worth it. saw it in person. safe the headache, get a clean car. The seller makes it sound like its a great deal. Anyone thinking about it NO NO NO on this one.

anesthesia

Thanks for the feedback, sure will be useful for those who rely solely on the ad to gauge interest.

The story sounds funny to me though. Theft? The bumper pieces and dash were stolen? Or is it that the car was recovered by the police while the thieves were just started on parting the car?

In any case, I'm not familiar with the title legislation in the US, but I suspect the insurance company totaled this car? There must be a reason why it wasn't rebuilt already.

I'm thinking, between 10-15K$ in parts, a good paint job to make everything fit, plus 10K$ in various contingencies, you got a +50K$ car with unknown mileage and a salvage title.

Regards,
Bruckner

Almost looks like a case of insurance fraud. Only the easy to remove items are gone. Really the spare tire? Doesn't look like a thorough strip, unless like someone said the cops came guns blazin ten minutes after they started.
:rolleyes:

Almost looks like a case of insurance fraud. Only the easy to remove items are gone. Really the spare tire? Doesn't look like a thorough strip, unless like someone said the cops came guns blazin ten minutes after they started.
:rolleyes:

Something smells fishy IMO :confused:

Every time one of these shows up I'm reminded that the person selling the car is just trying to dump their problem off on someone else. They punched some numbers into a spreadsheet and decided it wasn't worth it. If they really thought it was easy to fix they'd have done it by now and THEN sold the car.

Every time one of these shows up I'm reminded that the person selling the car is just trying to dump their problem off on someone else. They punched some numbers into a spreadsheet and decided it wasn't worth it. If they really thought it was easy to fix they'd have done it by now and THEN sold the car.

Agreed.

This car was surely insured when life decided to turn it into what it is today, seems to me the insurer would have had the car repaired if it made financial sense.

IMO 15K$ is pretty much the upper limit on what is, in all likelihood, a parts car.

Still, I find the entire story rather intriguing.. taking the front/rear makes sense to update another car to 02+, but why the instrument cluster? Why the ECU? Why not the engine? Why not the forged wheels?

Regards,
Bruckner

i am the owner of the car and i have it listed on ebay. car was baught from copart. guy in miami florida sold me all the parts to put it back together. their is nothing sketch about this car. i buy and sell salvage nsx's. to the guy who said he came and looked at it, your a liar because nobody has looked at this car i just posted it for sale. so if anybody has questions feel free to call me 916-821-3456 my cell. what known info i have about the car i have posted the pics of how i got it and what it looks like now. i will be taking the car to chad over at driving ambitions to have it check out just so who buys it has a piece of mind. and if you are in the rancho cordova area stop by and take a look at the car yourself.

thanks
john

and prime member nsxxxxxxx the car was baught a few months ago bud. and i paid 19,955 so please if you do not have accurate info dont discredit the vehicle.

Back