Integra Type R brakes

Thanks for the links, but it seemed like every post someone contradicted another post. I'll get right to the point and ask what I am trying to figure out.

If the ITR type R and the NSX brakes can interchange, then can a NSX owner use the AEM rotor upgrade for the Type R on the NSX? I would like to get a bigger rotor, but still retain the NSX caliper for wheel clearance. If this will work, then getting the bigger brake look would be much cheaper than having to fork out $$$ for new calipers and rotors on a BBK.

I am happy with my current brakes and wheels, but it would look nice to have a bigger rotor behind the front wheels.

The rotors do not interchange. The offset of the rotor is very different.

The ITR can use NSX caliper with ITR rotors. The rotors will be off center a bit on the caliper carrier. But it should be fine since the NSX caliper is sliding type and it self centering.

In theory, the AEM big brake kit will work for the NSX using their bracket and their rotors. But you will greatly taking the risk since their rotors, as well as ITR rotors are only 21mm thickness compare too NSX at 28mm.

In addition, AEM rotors are not favoured by racers for abvious reason, they are not up to task.

In theory, the AEM big brake kit will work for the NSX using their bracket and their rotors. But you will greatly taking the risk since their rotors, as well as ITR rotors are only 21mm thickness compare too NSX at 28mm.
Stock ITR front rotors are indeed thinner than for the NSX; however, they are 23 mm thick new (as the NSX is 28 mm). 21 mm is the minimum spec, not the thickness when new.

I don't know whether the AEM kit for the ITR has rotors that are 21 mm thick when new; if so, they are thinner than the ITR stock rotors.

Back