intake and exhaust

I just got my 2003 NSX, it came with a Acura certified warranty to 9/08. I would like to change in the intake and exhaust for performance reasons and a better sound. I was thinking a Comptech setup. How would this affect my warranty ? The dealer where I bought my car from doesnt have a clue. Any thoughts ? thanks in advance. Norman

If you talk to Comptech, they will tell you if there are damage that is not related to their products, Honda will honor the warrantee. If you talk to Honda, they will tell you the same, but when it is time to claim the factory warrantee, it maybe up to the dealership. So, bring a six pack to the service writer and be friends with him:biggrin:

Comptech however, did not tell me if their product damage the OEM parts, they will repair for you. They said there were never any OEM problem caused by their product. I find it hard to believe, but that's what I got from them.

I noticed that a Acura dealer in NJ is also a Comptech dealer, given that I have Acura certified warranty and a particular Acura dealer is also a Comptech dealer , I shouldnt have a problem. Right ? ?

Under the Magnuson Moss act any repair that the manufacturer decides is not covered due the modification can be appealed. It is the responsibilty of the manufacturer to provide proof that the modification caused the failure of the non-covered item(s) and the burden of proof is on them, not you.

Back