insurance

I pay about $1000 for full year with $250 deductable. However, this is with another car(which I pay 600 a year for just liability ) and also renters insurance. I use travelers. Oh I live in Schaumburg and am 25.

[This message has been edited by ak (edited 01 October 2001).]

I just insured my 91 NSX with 25k miles.

I'm 22. Horrible driving record hidden in another state, insurance company here thinks I have a clean record and gives me a good driver discout
smile.gif

I'm in GA using Progressive.

$980 every 6 months.

Lofwyr

i'm 23... insurance from a loan-shark cost me an leg...literally. Now i just look at my NSX.
smile.gif

------------------
If the Matrix is real, an NSX is just the figment of your imagination. Damn.

Depends on your driving record probably. I have clean record for last 4 years so I'm sure that helps...

ah so possibly can find decent insurance prices on one, i am defently hoping so

Why not just call your insurance company and ask them? Tell them you're considering spending $xx,000 on a 19xx NSX and ask them how much it would cost to insure. One phone call and you'll know for sure, instead of hoping and guessing whether you can get the same rates as other folks.

I am 24 with a clean driving record and no claims. My insurance is through State Farm + a mulitcar discont, mine is my daily driver though. $700/6 months. Hopefully it will go down in a few months when i turn 25.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Better yet, if the idea of talking to an insurance agent doesn't appeal to you, go to www.insweb.com and get quotes from a bunch of different companies. takes about 10 minutes.

fyi- 24 and paying 450/6 months with allstate for 300/300 coverage (NSX is secondary car). Clean driving record.

HapaHaole,

how is it that you have such low rates? I am 25 and pay $1400 a year and the car is not even my daily driver.

I too carry 100/300 but have $500 deductibles so I *should* be less than you.

Could be that I am with Farmer's but c'mon it should not be $500 more.

I have multi-car, auto-home, and evey friggin' discount under the sun and still pay a boatload.

Rates can vary from company to company, and from city to city. If you live in a big city, the rates will often be more than in a small town. So those are two possible factors that might account for the difference.

Originally posted by Hiroshima:

Could be that I am with Farmer's but c'mon it should not be $500 more.

Hey well I only have 1 more car under this policy. NO family, no other discounts applies.

The reason Is yup Farmers.. Here in sac.. farmers, and StateFarm are the MOST expensive.. the cheapest is Mercury and allstate (of course 21st Century is the absolute best yet no local offices so I didnt feel comfortable)

can you believe when I went from my '00 Civic Si to the NSX it only went up $4.. I was shocked that the NSX was so cheap and the Si was expensive.

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Rates can vary from company to company, and from city to city. If you live in a big city, the rates will often be more than in a small town. So those are two possible factors that might account for the difference.

In fact, the big guys (State Farm, American Family, etc.) will often vary by zip code and even within a zip code based on other boundaries such as major roads. Interestingly, the biggest variable is not crime rate but traffic patterns and known accident rates. When I was shopping for my NSX I was also looking for a place to live and one of the "nicest" areas would have meant higher auto insurance than a far less affluent neighborhood the same distance from the business districts and my job.

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
i'm 23... insurance from a loan-shark cost me an leg...literally. Now i just look at my NSX.
smile.gif

I havent bought my NSX but will be before spring of 02. I,m am lookin to get a 91 -93 model. I have an suv that I pay around 600
a year full coverage 99 Nissan pathfinder.
I just inquired for insurance for my future
ride. For a 91 NSX< I will be paying $630 a year full coverage, For a 93 I would be paying $660.00 a year full coverage. Man thats $120 a year cheaper than I was paying for my 99 cobra convertible. Dan

Incidentally, we've mentioned how the company and the geography can affect the rates. These factors are not necessarily independent of each other. When Consumer Reports reported on auto insurance rates recently, they found that insurance company A can be less expensive than insurance company B in one city, but in another city, B costs less than A.

Bottom line: Shop around - and you'll need to check what's best in your particular location and circumstances. (Thanks, byang, for the tip about using the 'net to do so - great idea!)

I'm 24- clean record except for one speeding ticket that slipped through the cracks (I'm going back to contest it this week) and a not at fault accident from two years ago. I live in Belleve, WA so the rates are high.
I have shopped around and what I have now is the best deal going for me.

Through progressive, I pay $2916/yr with a $2500 comp & $2500 collision deductible and normal medical/liability coverage. So, basically I pay for minor accidents out of pocket because they screw me so bad. It is really sad.

It Pennsylvania I could have had the same coverage on an NSX or viper for only $1650/yr

Originally posted by ravetek:
Through progressive, I pay $2916/yr with a $2500 comp & $2500 collision deductible and normal medical/liability coverage. So, basically I pay for minor accidents out of pocket because they screw me so bad. It is really sad.

eek.gif
I'm never moving to WA!

OMG...... I don't understand why my rates are so high?? I'm almost 24 now (in feb)... and I pay $3100 per year..... WTF?!?! WHY the $@#% do I have to pay so much higher?! This is w/ the multicar discount, and paying it all at once... I have 2 speeding tickets and 2 "at fault accidents" which show up when u file a claim that wasnt someone else's fault...

This is in GA... i live downtown and its with progressive... why do i have to pay sofa king much?!?!

-Electro

I'm almost 24 now (in feb)...

I have 2 speeding tickets

2 "at fault accidents"

i live downtown

I think you answered your own question...

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I'm almost 24 now (in feb)...

I have 2 speeding tickets

2 "at fault accidents"

i live downtown

I think you answered your own question...

Hehehe I agree
biggrin.gif
Downtown Atlanta no doubt is expensive also.

Electro - The good news is that in a little over a year, all things being equal, your rates should drop sharply. 25 is the magic age for auto insurance.

Back