Insurance repair question...

has anyone here ever heard that if your insurance claim requires at least four major panels to be painted, they are required to paint your whole car due to inability to properly blend or something?? I've heard this many many times.

I had to have my front bumper, hood, passenger 1/4 and door painted. Thats four panels and I think they are supposed to paint hte whole car on the repair.

By the way, if it helps, I have state farm.

My NY collision repair shop is a member of the State Farm Service First Program.
No such requirement as you have described exists.
You probably should have placed this in the general forum.
If it's about your NSX it's not "off topic".
Your signature give me the impression that you really miss your Mustang.

pbassjo said:
My NY collision repair shop is a member of the State Farm Service First Program.
No such requirement as you have described exists.
You probably should have placed this in the general forum.
PS: Your signature makes it sound like you really miss your Mustang.

Grr I guess it was a rumor...oh well :(

I saw my mustang today driving down the road...i was in my Xtreme so the girl who bought it didn't know it was me...it was soo nice to see it again. She's unhappy with it from what I hear so I'm thinkin about offering her a few grand less than what she bought it for so I can return her to my palace! :) Thanks for asking though :)

I can imagine her with a NOS setup.That and the xtreme are a quite a change from the NSX.
I've been thinking of a late 60's early 70's BB vette for that mean muscle snap your neck feeling.

pbassjo said:
I can imagine her with a NOS setup.That and the xtreme are a quite a change from the NSX.
I've been thinking of a late 60's early 70's BB vette for that mean muscle snap your neck feeling.

I still have the Xtreme...it's my daily driver/work truck. I'm thinkin about dropping an LT1 or an LS1 in it...i found an LT1 the other day for $750, so maybe <devilish grin>

Back