Insurance for NSX

I wanted to know who others use for insurance on their NSX? I have Allstate for my home and daily driver cars. Are their other insurers who have better rates for "collectible" cars. I do not think I will be driving mine more than 2000 miles/year. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks

I user American Collectors.. No problems... though they couldnt understand how an acura would be valued so high until they saw the pic and said oh :)

I have Progressive. Which is about 1/3 of the cost (for me) when compared to Hagerty. But, in the event of a total loss accident, Progressive will probably not give me even close to what I believe the true value of the car to be..

I'm with State farm, set my cars value, and only insured when I'm driving. I'm guessing May-October this year. Maybe sometime this month depending on when the roads are clean.

7500miles/year.

I use american collectors and pay about 500/yr. Agreed value of 32.5 for my '93. Very nice to deal with.

Agreed value on my 37k mile '91 NSX for $45,000. Full coverage with no deductible for $800 per year through Infinity Auto. Am allowed 6000 miles per year.

i also have grundy wordwide collector car insurance with agreed value.better coverage that my previous conventional insurance with kemper,and about $300 a year cheaper. i don't put a lot of miles on,but there's no mileage limit which is nice.

I have State Farm. It set for low mileage, $500 deductible, with 100k/300k which I believe is standard. $69.24.

I have grundy and pay $600 for the year. W a $500 ded (as per penfed requirements )
$45k agreed price.

This is a good thread, I have Geico and pay too much - though they are a good company to deal with.

I just went from a 1991 to a 1999 and American Collectors tripled my rates. ouch! Need to start a search....

Last edited:
I'm going through Farm Bureau insurance for our homeowners' and daily drivers. I also have them for the NSX and since it is over 20 yrs old now I can insure it as a classic collectible car as long as I don't put over 7500 miles on it per year. Total cost with an agreed value of $35K was $353/yr.

I had received a quote through Grundy and was going to go through them @ $535/yr, but when I called them to put it in effect the day I was flying out to pick up the car they said I needed to have the title in my name so I just called Farm Bureau (who I was already insured through) and told them to add the NSX without even asking about price. When I got back I went in to get a statement out of curiosity so I knew what I was paying for it and then we changed it to the classic car status and declared value.

So, I obviously went the cheaper and easier route.

Last edited:
just got a quote from progressive for $540/6 months for a 2000 nsx and a 2007 civic. I have one speeding ticket from 2011 as well.

whenever I find an NSX to buy i'll probably go with them.

My 1991 is insured for $43500 as a classic for $346.00/year. Tough to beat. Financially, the best thing that could happen is it gets stolen.

Back