Installed Shark 2 antenna now truck wont open.

I just installed the shark 2 antenna a couple days and just noticed the truck release doesnt work. Both ways to open the trunk do not work (keychain button and the button on the drivers side door). I see that there is a red wire thats connected to the antenna that I have no idea where to put it. Is this why my truck release wont work?

OK. I recently did the same with my '94. What I think you're missing is either power to the trunk open actuator, or the actuator itself (see pic: antenna0, the power and the actuator are circled ). When you removed the OEM antenna did you also remove the black plastic part (actuator) with the bracket? On mine I had to reattach the antenna bracket to hold it where it already was.

As for the red wire, I just left it hanging:confused:.

Also, did you go through the taillight? MUCH EASIER!

Hope this helps:smile:.

-DREW-

Thanks drew. I love it when people send me pictures of how to fix stuff lol. Mine didnt look exactly like that. I dont have the black plate. Also the one set of wires is located in a different spot. The connection must of came loose when I was ripping stuff out of there. Tell you the truth the trunk wires are not connected very securely. I just wanted to make sure before I ship this antenna to a prime member I have all the parts I need to keep everything working correctly.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I can see how going through the tailight would of been much easier. When I was looking for an easy way to install this antenna I didnt find anything about removing the tail light tho. I just bought a long 21 or 22 mm socket. It took about 6 trys and boom....done. Cost about 5 bucks no big deal.

Yeah just plugged it back together. I have been having trouble with the remote trunk button these days. The connectors dont really hold together well. So I used some electrical tape to keep them together a little better. I hope the remote trunk release button will work everytime now. We will just have to wait and see.

Back