Installation of Wings West components

My car is being painted and having Wings West skirts, spats, etc. added to the car.

Questions:

Is there a better, yet clean way to attach the skirts and spats, than with the two sided tape that is provided with the kit?

Secondly, the skirts are about 1/4 inch longer than the stock rocker panels. Nothing is mounted on the car yet. Is there an obvious solution (that my paint shop is not seeing) to the excess overhang (into the wheel well) due to the longer length of the skirts?

Thanks for you assistance,

I would call Wings West to let them know that the side skirts are too long. They may replace it. I think your skirts are part of a bad batch as others have complained of the same thing.

You might want to consider drilling your rear spats(just at the tip/edge above the exhaust as this part tends to push out and not stick to the body well. After you screw it on in this area you can cover up the hole with some bondo for that clean look. You can also try to heat it up with a heat gun then mold it around that area to make it fit better.

Oh, and be sure to drill a 1/2" hole on the inner-under part of the rear spat so that water can drain out. If not water will collect and put pressure on the piece.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

There is another way but if you ever want to go back to oem you will need to replace the body panels that you attache them to as well.....but there is a method called molding and what they do is rivet or screw the Wings West parts on them they bondo the overlapping area and make it look like a one piece panel and then paint ....the finish is much better but the cost to return to oem is also.

Back