Install tires without scratch painted lip

Hi everybody!! Does anybody know and best tire shop in new jersey?? I am looking for someone can put the tires for me with special machine, yet without scratch my painted lip!! Any shop recomend?? Thank you!!

Where in NJ are you located?

Always start the break from the inside of the wheel. That way, even if they f**kup, the scratches don't show.

Yes, but most machines will not allow that, IIRC. You need to mount the wheel inside down.

You just need to find a shop with a dual nylon wheel type machine that can do this scratch free. If it very common and any performance wheel shop shouold be able to accomodate you.

Find a shop that does "dubs" - 19" and 20" and you will be fine:).

Passline,

Did you find a shop with a machine to do the wheels face down??

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
My '96 OEM rims are far from perfect, but Mc Laughlin's in Berkeley Heights NJ appeared to do a fine job mounting my new tires last year - no new chips or scratches found. Unfortunately that's not exactly close to Pennington. Their balancing was excellent.

I bought my tires from Tire Rack, and the customer ratings for Mc Laughlin's were far better than any others in my immediate area. I would use him again.

Even further north away from you :frown:, Euro Tire in Fairfield, NJ did a fine job (no chips noted) mounting new tires on my wife's SLK.

A suggestion - go onto Tire Rack's web site and look for their recommended installers in your area. Then read the reviews on each installer.

Do you have a Ferrari dealership around? They have the nylon machines that won't scratch.

What about having the Acura dealership do it and hold them accountable??

Pm Mike aka the kid he may know a few.

Back