Inspection Problem

So i found a place that will overlook the test pipes

but i have another problem. I dont have a CEL but i cannot go for an inspection due to the following problens when connecting to my ecu

Catalyst not ready
Evap system not ready
Egr not ready

any ideas?? My battery occasionally dies due to lack of use and i also need to change my battery connectors so i would guess that would reset everything. Do i need to drive the car more? Or is it more complicated than that??

The inspection guy said i can pass with only 2 "not ready" so any help would be great. Thanks!

in florida you can have a garbage can for a muffler and they dont care.
we use to have smog inspection but the oZone's fked anyway so they stopped doing in.

but put all the oem stuff back on pass inspection, take them off and put the stuff back on. and be done. yeah its time consumming but hell you own an NSX what does time really mean?

I sold the stock cats, but taking them off were a bitch so id rather keep it like that lol

So i found a place that will overlook the test pipes

but i have another problem. I dont have a CEL but i cannot go for an inspection due to the following problens when connecting to my ecu

Catalyst not ready
Evap system not ready
Egr not ready

any ideas?? My battery occasionally dies due to lack of use and i also need to change my battery connectors so i would guess that would reset everything. Do i need to drive the car more? Or is it more complicated than that??

The inspection guy said i can pass with only 2 "not ready" so any help would be great. Thanks!

If the battery died, the ECU may of lost its settings. It will take some time for it to get data from the sensors to map new settings. You will not get a CEL while the ECU is in learning mode, unless there's an actual failure. Try driving it for a while. You can also borrow or buy a ODBII reader. Most of them can tell you when all of the emission sensors are ready to go. It's actually good that you didn't get a CEL, because that means your sensors are at least functioning. A failed sensor would throw a CEL immediately.

topgunsx gave you the right answer.

the nsx is a slow learner. if your battery dies the early early obd2 nsx(1995-2001) nsx takes a long time to relearn and get rid of the not ready trouble codes.

your nsx can even pass the tailpipe emission levels, but when the smog tester plugs into the obd2 port you will still fail if you have more then i believe 2 of these not ready codes. The solution: you need to let your nsx idle for 10 minutes and drive it for normally for a few days (stop and start normal usage) and then retest. at that point the codes should be gone.

the nsx also has an inordinately high battery draw when parked. so the combination of high battery draw if not driven and slow ecu learning if the battery is let to die can result in the ocasionaly driven nsx to always be in learning mode when driven. This is why it is important that the car is either driven or put on a battery tender. finally, letting the battery run down will substantially reduce the life of the battery and overly stresses the charging system on the car. -- more reason to drive it or keep the battery on a tender.

60-100 miles of diverse driving is required. Highway, city, up/down hills, etc:).

Regards,
LarryB

Back