Inmotion - track race show (new jersey motorsports park)

jdn

Contributing Member
Here's an event that you guys might be interested in attending. Be great to see tons of NSX lapping all day.

SNTRL X IMPORTEXPO - INMOTION
Date: Sunday July 6, 2014
Time: 10AM-6PM
Place: New Jersey Motorsports Park (Millville, NJ) - Lightning Track
Event Info: www.in-motion-usa.com

FULL TRACK LAPPING/DRIFT DEMOS/TEST AND TUNE/SHOW AND SHINE/TARMAC PARADE/RUCKS DISPLAY/CLUB MEETS/GO KARTING/BIKINI CARWASH/UMBRELLA GIRLS/MUCH MUCH MORE/

The idea is try to get as many NSX owners to come out and track, we can have them all in groups and track at same time, not along with other cars.

Define Track please. Is this an HPDE event? Or parade laps?

Tytus

This is just opening lapping, a parade if that's what you call it. Not a sanctioned event or anything like that. Up to 6 cars at once for half hour, then switch to the next group, then so forth. for the whole day.

A parade lap is at a slow pace. When you say open lapping are we allowed to drive at a faster pace? Also is there instructors to ride with people with less experience? Is there a tech inspection/ any certain safety requirements? I think this is some of the things others would like to know as well.

Yes, open lapping to drive fast as fast as you can in groups with other fast cars. Yes instructors will be on site to assist and the less experience will be in other groups. Yes, we will inspect all vehicles on site and as well pre-registration (list of mods indicated) HOpe this helps all.

Ok now this is sounding like an HPDE event. That said there is usually more formality than just show up, if this is an HPDE event. Cars are usually inspected before the event at a shop and a form is filled out, then teched again that morning on site, helmets are always required, (Is this group renting helmets to those that don't own?) and run groups by experience level are assigned. Is NJMP providing the instructors and running this event? Corner workers, pit in and out workers, etc. are also part of the requirements. Please confirm, thanks.

Tytus

Ok now this is sounding like an HPDE event. That said there is usually more formality than just show up, if this is an HPDE event. Cars are usually inspected before the event at a shop and a form is filled out, then teched again that morning on site, helmets are always required, (Is this group renting helmets to those that don't own?) and run groups by experience level are assigned. Is NJMP providing the instructors and running this event? Corner workers, pit in and out workers, etc. are also part of the requirements. Please confirm, thanks.

Tytus

Hi. There will be tech inspection in the morning only (not prior to or at any shops) and drivers meeting. There will be advance and beginners level and each groups will consist of 5 cars at once on track.
Helmets are required. We have instructors onsite to provide training as well. Hope this helps.

Sounds like a regular HPDE event...but why do I get the feeling that its not going to be as organized as some of the HPDE groups like TrackDaze or Hooked on Driving? I hope i'm wrong...but just have that feeling.

Lightning is a great track. I might have to get my car ready for this.

Last edited:
Sounds like a regular HPDE event...but why do I get the feeling that its not going to be as organized as some of the HPDE groups like TrackDaze or Hooked on Driving? I hope i'm wrong...but just have that feeling.

Lightning is a great track. I might have to get my car ready for this.

Hi. This is generally an open lapping event at the track with activities and carshow throughout the day. There will be schedule times for lapping as well as drift demos, tarmac parades to be used on the track.
This will not be like an all track day similar to the other HPDE events. Let us know what you are expecting, so I can let you know what to expect and not be disappointed at the show.
Thank you.

Back