Info request NSX NY Rochester PPI

Ask if its ever been in an accident.

What's the mileage on the present tires? Are they worn straight across, or are the signs of mis-alignment? (Note: Original Yokohoma's typically are good for 8-10kmi on the rear, about twice that on the front with good alignment.)

Do a few hard left and right turns and listen for any wheel bearing moans/groans.

Make sure the inflatable spare and the electric tire pump are still there.

I know its hot, but turn on the heat and the defroster to make sure the heater core is not leaking. Then check that the AC cools it down again.

If the mileage is correct, there should be very little noticeable wear on the seats or the carpet, with only moderate wear on the mats.

Check the sound system - local and distant FM stations, a few CD's and a tape.

When was the timing belt changed? While the mileage is low, age is surely a factor. Figure $1500 - $2000 done by an Acura dealer.

How often was the brake fluid (and hydraulic clutch brake fluid) changed? Every 3 or so years means less internal corrosion.

Check for slipping of the clutch, another somewhat expensive repair.

Any signs of leaking oil or coolant? A little weeping around the oil pan gasket is about all you might see - no actual drips.

Both windows should go up & down smoothly.

Check the gas pistons on the hatch glass as well as the trunk lid. This is a fairly low-priced DIY repair, but they do go with age. The trunk lid ones on mine (48kmi) are getting weak in cold weather.

Find out when it last passed state inspection and ask if they will guaranteee it will pass state emissions inspection. I'd simply have the car emissions tested before buying it.

That's some of the things I'd look for.

Frank
'96 NSX-T, red/tan

This car looks absolutely unique, it'd be the first NSX that I've heard of with "memory seats"

Features: A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Bucket Seats, Leather Interior, Memory Seats, Power Seats, Airbag: Driver, Alarm, Anti-Lock Brakes, Cassette Radio, CD Changer, Premium Sound, Power Windows, Rear Window Defroster

Good luck!

Back