Info on NSX

Hi i am looking at buying a NSX and i am wondering what to look for, I have noticed that there are some owners that have had a problem with the snap ring.
The model i am looking at is an 1992.
The car i am interesed in was a personal import here and i'm not sure on the service history it has done 87K Kilometers the other one has done 147k Kilometers.
What should i be looking for?

There are not many here and only one repair centre in Melbourne.
Any help would be much appreaciated

Originally posted by Barras:
Hi i am looking at buying a NSX and i am wondering what to look for
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/used_nsx_checklist.htm

Three additional things to check:

1. As you note, the snap ring status on any '91-92.

2. Whether the window regulators have been updated (either replaced or the fix-it thingies installed) on any '91-92.

3. Whether the timing belt and water pump have been replaced on any '91-96 (specified by Honda for every 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first).

EDIT: Correction made to model years listed in number 3. Kudos to Paul65K.
biggthumpup.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 29 January 2003).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
3. Whether the timing belt and water pump have been replaced on any '91-97 (specified by Honda for every 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first).

Oh my, did we find NSXTASY actually making a mistake here??? Please say it isn't so!!!

Didn't we all just discuss the fact that 97 and later cars have extended the Timing Belt service interval to 105K or 84 months?

Sorry NSXTASY but I just couldn't resist, you're just so right all the time.

[This message has been edited by Paul65K (edited 29 January 2003).]

Three additional things to check:

1. As you note, the snap ring status on any '91-92.

2. Whether the window regulators have been updated (either replaced or the fix-it thingies installed) on any '91-92.

3. Whether the timing belt and water pump have been replaced on any '91-96 (specified by Honda for every 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first).

Thanks for the info
Cheers

Back