Info on JH4NA115XNT000191 1992 Blk/Blk

Hello,
I hope this is the correct forum for this post.

I just recently came across this ad about an NSX located in Northern California.

Would anyone happen to know any more information? Seems to be a one owner car so maybe one of you crossed paths with the previous owner in the past.

http://app.purecars.com/vr/ValueReport.aspx?id=27691298&fromdealer=true#sthash.CdcyBNqa.dpbs

While looking at the carfax, I noticed some issues with the car failing smog. Is this common for earlier models that are stock and with around this mileage? Also, are PPI with dealer cars normal as well or would the dealer perform tasks like leakdown tests, etc. if requested.

I have contacted the dealer with some questions, but would love to hear some thoughts from some experts as you guys have very trained eyes to catch things most people don't.

Thanks!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/181007-1991-NSX-Black-Ivory-JH4NA115XMT000769

Why not this one? Closer to you, lower mileage, just had all the $$$ maintenance done. looks super clean.

Price
49 to advertised 39 is already $10k of a difference.

But Skafia's is very nice and looks very clean.

I don't think the dealer's asking price of 39k is worth it either. Rywire's white one would have been a better decision at that price point even with 16k more mileage and that was a bit high IMO. Still maybe I just won't accept this latest price increase, haha. Pricing is just all over the map though. Unlike real estate it's hard to see price of comparables as they just list "sold" not sold price.

I didn't think the rywire one was worth nearly that much. Small issues and didn't look as clean. But it was nice to have a low owner vehicle car. Probably needed some major service too. Couple grand right there.

I'm sure you can get skafia's down a little bit but you have to consider the costs of ownership after you buy the car. Whether or not if it needs tires, tb/wp, other maintenance all these things add up fast to several thousands. Spending more now might save you more in the long run.

Also, for PPI, I would send it to a third party rather than have the dealer do it themselves. Conflict of interest ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, if you have an ITR for trade, I think he might be interested also. ;)

ITR would be going bye bye unless I get a red NSX and my wife gets another white car. Then, our driveway will be a sandwich with ketchup, mustard, and mayo. :) haha

ITR would be going bye bye unless I get a red NSX and my wife gets another white car. Then, our driveway will be a sandwich with ketchup, mustard, and mayo. :) haha

Did you buy that car? I don't see it listed anymore. If not, come check out my car since it's so close to you.. I'm sure we can work something out :).

Back