In the process of buying, a few questions???

I am looking at a 1992 NSX with 150,000 miles. It is black/ivory interior 7.5 out of 10 and exterior 8.5 out of 10. it has 18" TSW's and a newly rebuilt tranny, 30k left until it needs a 3rd timing belt. he said the compression was 220 across the board and it has a new clutch and plugs as well. he also said when the tranny as rebuilt he fixed the snap ring problem. it looks and runs good, but what would you pay for it? I looked at it today.. I can get him down to $19,000, is that good.. or should I spend a few thousand more and get one with lower mileage?

If I do buy this thing and say in 20k miles the engine goes, what is the best way to replace them? can you buy a low mileage engine, where, how much? or is rebuilding them better (if block and head arent cracked etc...) is it a really expensive fix? (parts and labor wise compared to an average car)

sorry for all the questions I am just trying to make the decision.. thanks

Thats probally the cheapest NSX I've seen thats not a totalled title.

I see used but relatively low mileage motors on Ebay occasionally, likely pulled from a wrecked NSX. If you are comfortable and experienced enough mechanically to do some judging the condition of a motor yourself, this would be the least expensive way to go it seems.

Hey GREAT PRICE! As long as the thing is taken care of I wouldnt be afraid of the miles or plan on rebuilding the engine, unless you are going to beat it to death, Mine has 170k and is perfect. Just have a (nsx!) tech look at it before the purchase to verify the sellers statements. If you do not end up buying it please pm me with its location, I have a few friends that will snatch it up in a heartbeat!

Hey GREAT PRICE! As long as the thing is taken care of I wouldnt be afraid of the miles or plan on rebuilding the engine, unless you are going to beat it to death, Mine has 170k and is perfect. Just have a (nsx!) tech look at it before the purchase to verify the sellers statements. If you do not end up buying it please pm me with its location, I have a few friends that will snatch it up in a heartbeat!

I have to agree Burlage's nsx is one beautifull machince for the miles it has on it. Sounds real mean to! :biggrin:

I am looking at a 1992 NSX with 150,000 miles. It is black/ivory interior 7.5 out of 10 and exterior 8.5 out of 10. it has 18" TSW's and a newly rebuilt tranny, 30k left until it needs a 3rd timing belt. he said the compression was 220 across the board and it has a new clutch and plugs as well. he also said when the tranny as rebuilt he fixed the snap ring problem. it looks and runs good, but what would you pay for it? I looked at it today.. I can get him down to $19,000, is that good.. or should I spend a few thousand more and get one with lower mileage?

If I do buy this thing and say in 20k miles the engine goes, what is the best way to replace them? can you buy a low mileage engine, where, how much? or is rebuilding them better (if block and head arent cracked etc...) is it a really expensive fix? (parts and labor wise compared to an average car)

sorry for all the questions I am just trying to make the decision.. thanks

This one?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/321938645.html

He says " I will not be letting anyone test drive this car. Serious buyer with a deposit only will be allowed to test drive." Personaly, I would not put a deposit on any car unless i know 100% I want to buy the car, unless its 100% refundable.

It has 160k and his asking price is 19k because it looks kinda not loved. Maybe worth 17.5 IMHO

Theres a gap between the pass. side bumper and hood. usually indicating the bumper was removed and not aligned correctly. there could many reasons why the bumper was taken off though, but most commonly is to fix an accident

The front bumper does look like a shade off. I was probably repainted, but hey, most early NSX bumpers has been repainted some point in time. Hard to imagine that many miles and not have it repainted.

Check to see if the title was "washed"
How many states did Carfax show its lived in?
Does "Auction" show up anywhere in its history?

Back