In search of previous owners

I was just wondering if it is possible to research who previously owned my car? It's VIN# is low and I know by Carfax that it was an East Coast, Virginia,DC, car. I am curious if someone famous or a dignitary owned it. I am not even sure due to privacy laws these days if the original selling dealer could release that info. Thanks, Steve

QWKSLVR said:
I found out my NSX was first owned by Steve Wozniak by looking at the service records that came w/ my car.

yeap.. best thing is to look at the service records if you were given them.. i got all of mine..

If you are close with your Acura service rep., they can often pull up old service records and the previous owner (s).

Mine did and I met with the original owner. He still had and gave me the "Titanium" key, bra, coffee table book, and told me some great stories of the car's first 11 years of life.

FeetFxr said:
If you are close with your Acura service rep., they can often pull up old service records and the previous owner (s).

Acura's service database is not linked as I've learned first-hand on my last two NSXs trying to search for some records. But, FeetFxr is kinda right in that I had the service manager at my local Acura dealer that I am tight with pull the records and found the selling dealer for me. I then called them and they had most all of the service records. On another NSX I bought out of Denver, I called all three Acura dealers in the area and they each had some records on the car from various owners.

The best approach is to take your carfax with the previous records that detail the location of the car's history and starting dialing for dollars in that city and surrounding areas at the local Acura dealers. As to the original owner, that should be fairly simple. Your Acura service manager can look up via the VIN the selling dealer's info and you can contact them. That's what I did on two different NSXs and actually used Google to find these guys to make contact. It's a fun scavenger hunt if nothing else.:wink:

Back