In 2006 BMW M3 will arrive with a 400hp+ V8....Would you

26000 light years from the nearest black hole
consider this car instead of the next gen NSX....IF the next NSX is "merely" a 300 to 350 hp car? I am well aware of the fact that there is a lot more to the NSX than just the hp and that the next NSX is likely to weigh less and perform even better than the current model.

It would be just so much easier to spend 80-90k on the nsx if it were in the 400hp range. I doubt the M3 will cost over 65k.

liftcontrol said:
..........It would be just so much easier to spend 80-90k on the nsx if it were in the 400hp range. I doubt the M3 will cost over 65k.

Why would you doubt the M3 would not be over $65k. Look how much the price jumped with the latest engine, and that was still using the old block. With a totally new layout, It would not suprise me for this car to be much more expensive than the present M3. JMHO.

I honestly do not see how Honda execs could think of brining out a 350HP car when EVERYTHING else is going to be 400+. Surely they are smarter than this.

That M3 will be a monster. The Audi S4 already has a 340HP v8, and while it is not as fast as the current M3, the mags often like it more..

Last edited:
That sounds like the perfect daily driver to me!

But the M3 will always be just a souped up 3 series sports sedan and not a real sports car
I don't own an M3 so I'm not biased. However, how many times do you see mag comparison tests putting them against just about everything the other manufacturers can put on the road only to lose? Consistently.
How many times do you see the same being said for the NSX?

What the mags don't show you is the owners visiting the dealership with problems.

Mine: BMW were electrical, losing power during excellation, no one could figure it out. Before trading it in for a 911 they replace the chip, computer sensors and a bunch of other junk.

My Audi 2.7 twin turbo: New transmission at 10K (1 month at dealer), at 16K upper oil pan leak (in another 2 weeks). At this point the dealer bought it back.

Former M3 / Audi owner.

Happy were I am now no unexpected trips to the dealer.

Last edited:
Back