importing from US to Canada

I found an NSX that I can get for a great price, the seller needs money fast. Has anyone had a problem at the US or Canadian border with a bill of sale being substantially less than the actual value or book value?

meeks said:
I found an NSX that I can get for a great price, the seller needs money fast. Has anyone had a problem at the US or Canadian border with a bill of sale being substantially less than the actual value or book value?
When I came across from ND to Sask in '91, the guy never looked up any book values .. he went purely on the bill of sale. However, this smells a little like a scam to me .. if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ...watch yourself.

If you are an Arab male between the ages of 18-30 with a 20lb bag of C-4 in the trunk of the NSX, it shouldn't be a problem!

Sorry couldn't resist. :biggrin:

Take your time to find out exactly what you need to bring it across before you buy it.

It may be a good deal for a great car, but if you cant register it in Canada, youre screwed.

For example - do you have a recall letter from Acura? You probably need that and after you buy the car you may not be able to get one.

you have to have all your paper work in line. I sold an S2000 to a Canadian. He needed the bill of sale, daytime running lights installed and a few other documents if i remember correct. contact your local dmv for details on bringing her in...
MAtt

Back