Imola orange road trippin' the west

fastaussie

Suspended
picked up my newest NSX, a 2002 Imola orange/orange in Denver Colorado and am blazing trails across the west en route to Playa del Rey, CA. Vin# 000147. I was originally looking for another red/tan car (as my previous NSX was a '96 manual and all of my Ducati's are also red) but stumbled upon this one and ended up digging it. if you see me headed west or south on the 70 or 15, throw a wave and say g'day. :smile:

View attachment 116339

View attachment 116340

I'm currently somewhere in Utah...

Congrats fastaussie! Glad to see you found your Imola. Safe travels all the way to Cali.

Welcome to the Imola club. What a great find.

thanks heaps guys, it sure is nice to be back in my car again after the last 3 or 4 months solely in the F-150 when driving a role cage. it's just not the same. :wink:

View attachment 116352

View attachment 116353

View attachment 116354

funny story, I bought my last NSX, a '96 red/tan manual in Denver as well, about 3 years ago. seems Colorado is the place for me when buying Honda supercars. I have no desire to ever sell this one however. a 2002+ NSX was always my favourite model. an "Imola" wasn't something I was looking for until recently, but when this one popped up and there seemed to be a serious shortage of red/tans, I figured I should give it a go. gotta say, I am quite enamoured with the colour now.

the car and I are now back in L.A., after about 12 hours and 5 states returning 28 mpg at a "slight bit over the posted speed limit". as with my previous NSX in over 30,000 miles, the new one never missed a beat and is quite bloody comfortable for long road trips. many gawkers along the way (as per usual), and a very spirited run through Pasadena with a couple of matching V12 Lamborghini Aventadors. bloody hell those cars sound ridiculous.

good to be home with the new girl in the garage...

Glad your trip went well...got my '02 just a few months ago from Dallas and trekked it back to Santa Monica. I've found the pick-up trips to be some of the most memorable. See you around the neighborhood!

thanks heaps guys, it sure is nice to be back in my car again after the last 3 or 4 months solely in the F-150 when driving a role cage. it's just not the same. :wink:

View attachment 116352

View attachment 116353

View attachment 116354

funny story, I bought my last NSX, a '96 red/tan manual in Denver as well, about 3 years ago. seems Colorado is the place for me when buying Honda supercars. I have no desire to ever sell this one however. a 2002+ NSX was always my favourite model. an "Imola" wasn't something I was looking for until recently, but when this one popped up and there seemed to be a serious shortage of red/tans, I figured I should give it a go. gotta say, I am quite enamoured with the colour now.

the car and I are now back in L.A., after about 12 hours and 5 states returning 28 mpg at a "slight bit over the posted speed limit". as with my previous NSX in over 30,000 miles, the new one never missed a beat and is quite bloody comfortable for long road trips. many gawkers along the way (as per usual), and a very spirited run through Pasadena with a couple of matching V12 Lamborghini Aventadors. bloody hell those cars sound ridiculous.

good to be home with the new girl in the garage...

Congrats on the nice buy --- I finally saw an Imola in person last month - gotta say that I would be really temped to own one of those - just a fantastic color that is very rare. Enjoy! Jay

thanks again gents. i was apprehensive and reluctant at first to fly to Colorado as i wasn't sure about the orange interior. but it's not nearly as orange as i thought, and i think it goes well. it's quite unique, i actually like it a lot more than the silver/silver.

as for the exterior, I can honestly say the longer I've had this car (4 days now), the more I'm glad i bought it. photos don't really do this colour justice. the rarity doesn't seem to hurt either. people that would have never commented on my red NSX tell me how much they absolutely love the colour and inquire about the car in more depth. I'm talking about the old lady at the dry cleaners, etc. the rest of the NSX/sports car loving population is status quo + 30%. my car enthusiast mate who didn't even notice i had a red NSX before can't seem to stop talking about how much he loves this one.

so I'd have to say I'm digging it...

p.s. here's the last road trip photo, back home.

View attachment 116380

Back