I'm selling my AE86 to pursue my dream of the NSX..

Hello NSX'ers...

I'm known as Airwolf AE86 on the forums here, but i recently decided to change my name to Airwolf NSX because, my love for the 86 has gone.

I've decided to invest all that I have into acquiring the NSX. It took me quite sometime to find my cherry 1986 GTS Hatch and i'm not too sad to see it go.

For one thing, even though it was maintained pretty well, a 22 year old car, is really a 22 year old car. There are issues that pop up and I can honestly say, I will never ever buy a old car again after I sell her. The parts are just too hard to find on the 86 (OEM). They are being discontinued left and right.. Also, since i'm looking for a mint NSX 2004+ in GPW form, i would assume the sellers would command a high premium so I must SAVE SAVE SAVE..

Secondly, I don't ever half ass my projects. I invest a lot of time and money into them and for what i want done to my 86, it would cost me approximately $15k..
(Estimate)
-20v swap
-interior redone to Bride material
-Bride seats
-complete strip and repaint of vehicle to black/white (would cost me more because I dont' have time to do the labor of stripping the vehicle)
-Panasport C8 15" rims
-Transmission rebuild
-Cusco 1.5way LSD install
-etc.. you get the idea..

or I would've gone with the F20C swap.. But you get the drift, costs too much. So rather spend my time/money/effort on a car i'll eventually get bored with, I decided to part with her to save up and get a used NA2 GPW NSX. And with my next job lining up, saving up for her is going to be easy... Gotta love government jobs and unlimited overtime! :biggrin:

Welcome me back! Look forward to contributing to NSXPRIME and learning from you guys!

Here is what she looks like before i was gonna go all out.. Just a Seibon CF hood, and some OEM supras on Falken RT615's.

CRW_9123.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats and look forward to you getting your NSX!
keep us posted. Very nice car btw!
Thanks
Tom

Congrats and look forward to you getting your NSX!
keep us posted. Very nice car btw!
Thanks
Tom

Thanks Tom!

My car is decent, but your car is just BEAUTIFUL. I remember someone posting pictures from Costa Mesa Acura and your car was there.. I PM'ed ya awhile back asking about your baby... beautiful!

But thank u!

Ah! I miss my Trueno!
One of the funnest underdogs I've ever owned :cool:
Good luck with you.

If it is your dream (as it was mine) then go for it. May I ask if there is any reason why you're looking for an 04+ and not an 02+? The GPW is already a rare color and if you're looking for mint, then I have a feeling you're going to be looking for a WHILE.

Good luck and we'll be looking to see pics of your new white NSX soon. :)

Back