I'm not a virgin anymore !!

I got my FIRST experience driving the NSX today!
(What are you thinking?!)

I had the pleasure of meeting Khuezee at lunch just talking about cars and the NSeX.

Then going back to work, I happily slid into the F1 cockpit. My first impression of the layout was it felt similar to an Integra. It's nice to have that sense of familiarity. When I pressed down on the pedals, I noticed it was pretty cramped down there too. Not really friendly for size 12 feet. This will take getting used to but it took only a few minutes to get the hang on it. I immediately noticed the slight difficulty of maneuvering inside a cramped parking lot without powersteering but the handling was great at higher speeds.

I was driving slow and carefully when Khuezee turns to me and says, "why don't you downshift and rev it? You're not going to break it." I had to laugh because I was afraid I would get into an accident or something. But, I gladly complied and revved it a couple of times. That engine was pure Mozart. Music to my ears.

Anyways, thanks again Khuezee for being cool about letting a stranger drive your exotic. I'm not so sure I would be so friendly if people ask if they can drive mine (when I finally get one).
smile.gif

Joel,
Are you comming down to NSX modified tonight? I know a couple of NSX owners will show up, including myself. It is a great chance to meet some really cool owners!
Let us know.
JACK

Originally posted by jackmac:
Joel,
Are you comming down to NSX modified tonight? I know a couple of NSX owners will show up, including myself. It is a great chance to meet some really cool owners!
Let us know.
JACK

Well, I thought about going to a meeting to see what it's like. But I'd feel self-concious rolling in with my 240sx amidst all these exotics.
smile.gif

Joel,
Let us know.
JACK

Jack,

you going to be at the proud bird tonite? a lot of owners are meeting there. just look at the southwestern region topic and you will know what im talking about. if not, just email me and ill give you all the details. [email protected]

joel,

it was my pleasure. im sure all NSX owners were once in your shoes. it just takes a lot of patience to find the right car. good luck with your search. thanks again for lunch!!!

[This message has been edited by khuezee (edited 12 September 2002).]

Joel- dont worry about it, we are all into the same thing- NSX....my cousin goes all the time in his MiniVAN, I use to go all the time in my MiniVan...just go and hang out...it will make you want the car ALOT more, but it'll make your first drive even better...

Do you have the address of the meeting place?
It seems like there are 2 things happening tonight.

I don't know about today but maybe next month or whenever the next meeting is.

Is there a bulletin board to check the time and date of these meetings are?

Joel- I would go to NSX Modified- you will see the NSX taken apart and getting worked on and will learn alot just by listening and looking. The Turbo setup is there right now, also two different NOS setups...
the address is 17222 Gothard Suite E. Huntington Beach, CA...

khuezee:
I will not be attending dinner in El Segundo. Thinking about just chilling at NSX modified after work. Are you heading to NSX modified too, or to the dinner near LAX? Hope to meet you there.

Joel:
Plz do come. It will just shock you how nice NSX owners are. And who cares what you drive. Just come join the fun.

JACK

khuezee:
I will not be attending dinner in El Segundo. Thinking about just chilling at NSX modified after work. Are you heading to NSX modified too, or to the dinner near LAX? Hope to meet you there.

JACK

Jack,

ill be at the dinner tonite in el segundo. i thought there would be quite a few people who are cruising down to the restaurant from nsx modified? well in any case, we will most likely meet up some other time. laters.

khue

Originally posted by NSXhopeful:
I'm gonna try and make it tonight. You should go...you can meet all the cool guys...and get a ride in Jack's turbo NSX!!!! He charges only 50 cents.

I've been hearing about jackmac's car from larry, I got my rolls of quarters ready
wink.gif

Back