I'm new, a few intial questions.

I'm thinking about getting a used 91 or 92 NSX near the end of the year for hopefully around $25,000-$30,000. I make decent money for my job, but I am not anything near rich.

What kind of upkeep do these cars have? What are some things I would expect to keep an eye on all the time? Also, any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check my sig, for my current ride. :)

DGibb said:
I'm thinking about getting a used 91 or 92 NSX near the end of the year for hopefully around $25,000-$30,000. I make decent money for my job, but I am not anything near rich.

What kind of upkeep do these cars have? What are some things I would expect to keep an eye on all the time? Also, any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check my sig, for my current ride. :)

Besides the $10000 tune-ups and $5000 brakes, there are several bolts on the engine that have to be constantly tightened. Also, you have to contort your body just right the shift from second to third. Ah just kidding!:D

Its a honda! It just needs to be maintained like any other car. There are a few issues with the earlier model NSX's, start with the FAQ section of this site... there's a wealth of info there. Good luck

DGibb said:
What kind of upkeep do these cars have? What are some things I would expect to keep an eye on all the time?

As hlweyl noted, the FAQ (click on FAQ on the red bar above) has lots of good information. You will find the answers to your two questions in the areas called Maintenance (particularly the Cost section) and Troubleshooting.

If you are looking at a high-mileage early NSX, you should be prepared to budget at least $2K per year for unscheduled repairs such as clutch replacements, A/C repairs, etc. This is in addition to all the scheduled maintenance items (whose costs are shown in the FAQ) and normal wear items like tires, gasoline, tires, oil, tires, brake pads, and tires - all of which can be reasonably predicted and cost can be calculated depending on your mileage - and fixed costs such as licensing, insurance, and possibly parking.

Back