IM A TOTAL NOOB!!! i need knowledge

Alright, I've been interested in the Acura NSX for a long time now. What's the difference between the 2 generations of the NSX besides the physical aspect??? Some people that I have asked have told me that the Acura NSX is underpowered and overpriced, is this true?!? And how do those JGTC people get their NSXs to be 500hp, i mean usually when i read in mags and read on the forums, i see that tuners make their NSXs to be only 400 hp or more or less...but still i love this car. ANY EXTRA KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE NSX WOULD BE GRATEFUL...THANX

What's the difference between the 2 generations of the NSX besides the physical aspect???

Some of the knowledge you seek can be found in the FAQ's.

Some people that I have asked have told me that the Acura NSX is underpowered and overpriced, is this true?!?

Drive one yourself and forumlate your own opinion.

i see that tuners make their NSXs to be only 400 hp or more or less

Speaking on the forced induction side of things: There are NSX's with more then ~400. However, you would want to decide if peak hp would be your goal. Area under the curve is much more important. 400hp in the right setup is already beyond the limits of traction, so you would want to check out the various setups. The important thing to note is that 400 is genrally being thought of as being the limits of the stock lower end. So, anything achieving numbers greatly higher than that have engines which have been modified to allow for the power safely. That equals much more expense.

And how do those JGTC people get their NSXs to be 500hp,

They buld a high compression engine capable of that power. Use the search function, I recall a few past threads on the JGTC engines.

Back