I'm a new owner

Just rec'd my car today!
-180TT000045, '96, 81k mi, Midnight Pearl over Tan, no mods.
Came with a cover, black bra, black sheepskins and partial service records.
TB & WP changed in '05 @ 45k mi; o2 sensor changed in '07, never in an accident, driver seat replaced in '10. Lots of tiny chips, a few wheel rubs and front spoiler is a mess. Everything else in perfect condition.
But with all that said, I love it. I have wanted one for many years. It will be a daily driver.:biggrin:
It is going into Fresno Acura Monday to change out all fluids & filters. I will also have them evaluate for plugs & value adjust now or perform later. Has to be smogged then registered within 20 days of arrival.
If you (the community) have anything any additional suggestions for my "get ready" I would greatly appreciate the help & input.

Congrats and welcome....the car has pretty low miles for a 96.

I suggest you get a PrePurchaseInspection at the Acura dealer if you have not gotten one yet. It will at least tell you if anything else needs to be addressed on the car. Also you will find out what will need to be fixed as you start familiarizing yourself with the car.

Theres not many NSX's in Fresno or any that I have seen when I go up there.
I was thinking of taking my car up there one day, but I have would to find a safe place to park it and most of the hotels there are only outside parking.

Congratulations and welcome on NSX Prime, I wish you much happiness with your NSX:smile:
pics?:smile:

Congrats!

It took a while, but Midnight Pearl is sure growing on me as a cool color :biggrin:

Brian

We want to see pictures - we love pictures! This sounds like a real nice one - good color combo I think. Can't wait to see it and get your driving impressions! Good luck! Welcome to Prime!

I did get a pre-purchase inspection at the Acura dealer in Cleveland before I agreed to buy the car. Spent about a half-hour on the phone with the service manager at the end of the day, and he said he was impressed with the condition of the car.
I haven't had time to make my own pictures, so the only ones I have are from the seller...here are a couple (attached).
I'm really happy to be on Prime, and I hope that I can learn a lot.
Once I get it in the shape I want it, I would like to participate in events & shows, so I'm interested in those comments as well.

Attachments

• 1996NSX_e.jpg
    1996NSX_e.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 1996NSX_i.jpg
    1996NSX_i.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 1996NSX_1.jpg
    1996NSX_1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 94
  • 1996NSX_2.jpg
    1996NSX_2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 1996NSX_3.jpg
    1996NSX_3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 1996NSX_4.jpg
    1996NSX_4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 1996NSX_7.jpg
    1996NSX_7.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 90
Pretty color combo - all it needs is a thorough cleaning up. It's a nice one and looks great for 81k miles. How's the paint on the nose? Many rock chips?

Welcome and Congrats:smile: Thats a nice find.

I did get a pre-purchase inspection at the Acura dealer in Cleveland before I agreed to buy the car. Spent about a half-hour on the phone with the service manager at the end of the day, and he said he was impressed with the condition of the car.
I haven't had time to make my own pictures, so the only ones I have are from the seller...here are a couple (attached).
I'm really happy to be on Prime, and I hope that I can learn a lot.
Once I get it in the shape I want it, I would like to participate in events & shows, so I'm interested in those comments as well.

I would still get one even though you have the car. It might reveal other issues that your car may need to address. You will learn a lot from here on Prime. As far as events go there is NSXPO coming up in Las Vegas this year in Oct-Nov. You need to sign up and register on www.nsxca.org and become a member to particpate in NSXPO and the yearly dues also supports regional NSXCA events.

Welcome. Beautiful car!....I especially like the color.

Beautiful NSX but you will have to make a great cleaning of the engine and undoubtedly also of the front compartment, when the engine shines like jewels, it's much better! :smile: good courage

Last edited:
Pretty color combo - all it needs is a thorough cleaning up. It's a nice one and looks great for 81k miles. How's the paint on the nose? Many rock chips?

Yes engine & front compartments need cleaning. And also a lot of those little rock chips in the front.

Congrats and welcome....the car has pretty low miles for a 96.

I suggest you get a PrePurchaseInspection at the Acura dealer if you have not gotten one yet. It will at least tell you if anything else needs to be addressed on the car. Also you will find out what will need to be fixed as you start familiarizing yourself with the car.

Theres not many NSX's in Fresno or any that I have seen when I go up there.
I was thinking of taking my car up there one day, but I have would to find a safe place to park it and most of the hotels there are only outside parking.

You would be welcome to park it at the house; and there is a nice suites hotel four blocks away.

You would be welcome to park it at the house; and there is a nice suites hotel four blocks away.

Thanks I'll keep you in mind next time....I'll be going up to Modesto this weekend, but not taking the car.

I do like Homewood since its kinda on its own little island.

Also get some better tires, ones that fit the rim, the more tread touching the road the better,

Congrats on the purchase and welcome. Beautiful car - but aren't they all??! :rolleyes: Nothing better on wheels than the NSX. Cheers, Jay

Back