I'm 6'4" (193cm), what can I do to fit?

Hey everyone, I've been lurking here a little while and I hope to pick up an NSX in a couple of years as a daily driver. I have heard these things are a little small, will I be able to fit in one of these that has unmodified seats? If not, how much would it run me to get modified seat rails/make it fit? I really like this car and would not mind spending a bit more to fit myself into it :smile:

If your 6'4" all you need is 2" headroom and 2" legroom to fit just as comfortable as someone 6'

john@microsoft did this:
He had the small body frame rails under the carpet that the seat attaches to shortened and the seat bolted lower. can be done using OEM seats and not losing the OEM padding

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94124

You can also remove & shave the padding in the headliner,as much as possible and have it reupholstered.

both of those will also give you 2"

Other is Side mounted Aftermarket seats will give about 2" as well

so a total of 4-5" headroom and 4" legroom can be found in the NSX therefore theoretically accommodating someone 6'8

shaving the padding in the oem seat will give you the 2" headroom but not really help with leg room

For legroom, the only solution for that is thin fixed bucket seats adjusted as straight up as possible with all of the combined mods including shaving the rear headliner padding, should give 4-5 inches for the legs too.

I just did ALL these mods for friend. He is 6'5" and now fits perfectly with room to spare. headliner, fixed bucket seats and shaved seat mount frames.

A smaller diameter racing steering wheel will allow for some additional knee room as well.

Last edited:
How about you find one in your area for sale and sit in it to see if you will fit :confused:

@TyraNSX: I did run a couple of searches for topics of this nature, but I couldn't get anything to come up :confused: maybe I was being too specific...

@nsx2tall: Can you wait a couple of years? hahaha I'll probably be looking for something hovering around $30k at that time tho, not promising anything :biggrin:

@osugrad97: Never!

@Patricio: Thank you for this post, you have answered my question and pretty much any question that I would be asking in the future in one fell swoop! I'll probably look into the direct floor mount for the seat along with shaving the padding in the seat, seeing as my 5'10" father and myself wear the same pant size lol

I am considering getting the Bride seat rail & low seat for the driver's side for next year when the track opens so I can fit with a helmet (hopefully). Just find a car to sit in somewhere & play with the seat & steering wheel adjustment. You probably fit. Also, do not assume that full reclined gets you the most room, that puts your head beneath the lower part of the roof curvature.

Direct from Bride:

For NSX, the part number will be H114** for the driver side and H113** for the passenger side. Depending on the seat rail type, the ** changes. RO, MO,FO, or FX.

With the VIOS III (full bucket), it will give you the lowest seating position. This will sit a bit lower then the GIAS/STRADIA seats. But if you are looking for recliner type, GIAS/STRADIA will be the lowest seating position.

Back