• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Iforged Problem, no support, Poor quality?

I have had a not so great luck with my new Iforged wheels I got from SOS.
It seems the center caps they use fit so tight when they are popped out for balancing the paint comes with them. When my Mechanic called them for support they were less than helpful. They didn't want the wheel back and finding out the color for powder coating was even harder. SOS kicked us to the curb too after I spent 15k with them...thanks, Chris.
Again, this is what was told to me by my Mechanic and the car has sat for several weeks. I finally go to get it and the brand new rims are chipped near the cap.
:mad:

Has anyone else had this problem with Iforged???

The customer service at iForged is quite notorious. I have a set of iForged wheels as well and experienced their CS first hand.

As for the chip, it happened to my wheel as well. I didn't want to have to deal with the iForged run-around, so I had the wheel shop touch it up with as close a match as they could get. I don't think that the issue is with the cap being tight, but rather the wheel prep prior to paint (not powdercoat) that may be the issue.

I have seen several negative threads on them on bmw forums.:rolleyes:
My experience was very good thou.
I bent a rim and i sent it to them for repair.
They replaced the barrell and returned it back within 3 weeks.

I did not have a good experience with them, both in quality and in customer svc.

i also had a less than a less than pleasant experience with buying iforged wheels, after 6 months of trying they still sent me the wrong offset wheels twice and then wouldnt take them back. I sold them for a loss and never even tried to get them to fit on my car. Vince lied to me about the progress of the wheels several times, never returned my calls and then when he discovered that they had made a mistake on the wheels a second time, he said I was SOL. The wheels were mine.:mad: IMO after I got them I thought they looked like cheap HRE copies anyway.

Same situation as the rest of you. I had I-Forged rims on my old M3 and the experience was a pain in the ass. So bad, I finally just went to back to stock and basically gave them away for peanuts.

ronniejames said:
I have had a not so great luck with my new Iforged wheels I got from SOS.
It seems the center caps they use fit so tight when they are popped out for balancing the paint comes with them. When my Mechanic called them for support they were less than helpful. They didn't want the wheel back and finding out the color for powder coating was even harder. SOS kicked us to the curb too after I spent 15k with them...thanks, Chris.
Again, this is what was told to me by my Mechanic and the car has sat for several weeks. I finally go to get it and the brand new rims are chipped near the cap.
:mad:

Has anyone else had this problem with Iforged???

Whoa, that's definitely not true. From what your tech told me, the face was scratched by your wheel shop. He was trying to get a powder coating paint code from me so that he could take the wheels to his powdercoating shop. However, as I explained, IForged doesn't have paint codes, just paint "names". (Powdercoaters are not as sophisticated as body shops with specific paint codes). I urged your tech to PLEASE send the wheels back to the manufacture so we can address this problem. However, as I was told "I do not want to send the wheels back because then I will have to pay for the refinishing out of my pocket".

PLEASE PLEASE call us direct. It sounds like what is going in to your techs ear is not coming out of his mouth to you.

I'm ready and willing to solve your problem, I just need a call to figure out what exactly is going on.

thanks,
-- Chris

Back