If your going to dream; Dream BIG JH4NA1186TT000082

Re: If your going to dream; Dream BIG

Lots of mods AND they will pick you up at the airport! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yes, agreed on that valuable airport pick up and overall cost per mile. Would this NSX get any action at $20 K less? Wow.
Bromley?

Yes, agreed on that valuable airport pick up and overall cost per mile. Would this NSX get any action at $20 K less? Wow.
Bromley?

Tim's the man on price and maintenance. Sheesh, I wish this place was local, just love to get into the minds of these nutcases to see what real planet they are on!! Anyone in the area to check this out??

This guy's on crack - a buck a mile - man that's reverse psychology... I'm dying over here. You know no body gets all their money out of mods. If this guy really wants to get his money then he ought to take em all off and sell in the market place on Prime. Then ask a reasonable price for the car.

So let's see if it didn't have the SC, even with the other mods - that car would sell for maybe 38k but really 96s have a tough time cause they're heavier- have the targa but not the added hp of the 3.2. Has he done all maintenance? I didn't notice if there were "service records" any records.

As lightguy says if you're gonna dream - dream big. Right now this guy would be doing well to get 38k - you know it really depends on how long the SCs been on the car. That's my guess. Danny - what do you think? Anyone think a SC is worth 20k? Not me. If I had this car, I'd take the SC off and never say a word (just kidding)......everyone would rather have a stock car and put the SC on if they want. But hey, this guy is doing his part to keep the prices up for us NSX owners!!!! Gotta love that.:biggrin:

Last edited:

I was going to call to see if they'd take my car and some cash as a trade :wink:

This guy's on crack - a buck a mile - man that's reverse psychology... I'm dying over here. You know no body gets all their money out of mods. If this guy really wants to get his money then he ought to take em all off and sell in the market place on Prime. Then ask a reasonable price for the car.

So let's see if it didn't have the SC, even with the other mods - that car would sell for maybe 38k but really 96s have a tough time cause they're heavier- have the targa but not the added hp of the 3.2. Has he done all maintenance? I didn't notice if there were "service records" any records.

As lightguy says if you're gonna dream - dream big. Right now this guy would be doing well to get 38k - you know it really depends on how long the SCs been on the car. That's my guess. Danny - what do you think? Anyone think a SC is worth 20k? Not me. If I had this car, I'd take the SC off and never say a word (just kidding)......everyone would rather have a stock car and put the SC on if they want. But hey, this guy is doing his part to keep the prices up for us NSX owners!!!! Gotta love that.:biggrin:

Bromley hit it on the head. I think since it is a 96' year he would wait awhile just to get $35,000 for it without the CTSC kit. The supercharger is nice but the bodykit is always a problem. People almost always love more hp(especially from a conservative company like Comptech) but body kits are personal taste most people just like the original style as a majority. I think there a lot of cars listed for way, way out of market value. I will be an NSX owner by December. That is when I am shipping the car back.

Ryland

Rear bodykit reminds me a little of an MR2:

000082.02.jpg

Thats a horrible price!!! I bet that thing will be sitting for years.

You guys have to read more carefully. The seller has two identical cars, so you got 2 96s for $68k, which is fare. :biggrin:

Everything is bigger in Texas!

David is right; it's a clean kit and a clean looking install. The engine bay looks nice and clean with all the little special pieces. The wheels aren't my taste and neither is the interior but the dash looks nicely done as well. I'm just wondering what the real story is here.

Either some guy did a bunch of mods and sold this dealer a "load" and cashed out leaving him with this "dream" NSX to sell or this thing needed a make over cause it was beat. I don't think my interior will need the seats redone in 20k miles.

It's not a bad looking car over all. If you wanted all those mods and the NSX and you liked red - it's only about 15k too high for the right sucker ....I mean guy. You really wouldn't have to do anything to it but drive it if basic maintenance has been done. You'd just really have to like this particular car a WHOLE lot to want it. Personally I wouldn't buy it if it was 20k less. If this guy got 48k he'd be doing pretty well. But somebody put a lot of money in this car!

Keep on dreaming guys, I bought the car end of 2010.
The car is worth every dollar. You have to travel to Netherlands now to see the car in full glory.
Best regards from the new proud 65 years young owner..!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

The car is worth every dollar. You have to travel to Netherlands now to see the car in full glory.

I know that car very well. Enjoy it :smile:

Congrats, now post up more pics.:wink:

:cool::Hello Sir, not 68 I bought it for 42

Congrats and welcome!

As for the CTSC, I specifically went out of my way to find a car *with* the CTSC, so buyers are out there.

1) the stock NSX never had what I would consider "enough" power for me and I owned two prior

2) getting the CTSC installed is annoying because, as I frequently point out, there are like 12 people in the US that are "trusted" to work on the NSX. Last thing I'd want is to go and then have to source a freakin blower, find some installer (would almost have to be Larry), figure out how to get the car hours away and then get home... How annoying

3) MOST of the great installers are in CA. Was a heck of a lot easier to buy a car I *knew well* from Prime owned by Primers in the past who were west coast and so had the ability to have Comptech actually install parts and Shad actually maintain them ;)

So there are a lot of reasons why "take the blower off and sell separately" can be a *bad* idea.

Patrick found me specifically because he left it in tact :D

I have read peoples posts for years on the return value on mods when reselling car. I tend to agree with the majority on cosmetic and bolt on mods. But as soon as you get into motor builds or body kits You can be without your car for a year at a time. Sooooooo having said that the person who wants a modded car can pay up front for a car that is complete and had the kinks worked out or..........start writing checks and wait....and wait.....and wait....and then wait some more and drive around your daily while you drive past the other cars on the road that their owners already went through the wait. Unless of coarse you find someone that needs to dump their car fast.

Back