If you have to do all over again.

Hi guys, if you have to comeback and start over with your NSX project. What would be the changes?

1) Year of the car (why?)
2) Performance modifications

I am pretty sure majority of you are satisfied with your current set-ups, but please feel free to join in :)

All and all I am pleased. I would have done more research on Prime (I did do general research however) prior to purchasing. My car's body is in phenominal shape (only one blemish) and never had any work done = no wreck. So that was huge for me, but I would have known some other bits of info (i.e. tb/wp due, needed new clutch which I assumed was just the nature of the clutch, etc) to possibly get the price down alittle more. But who knows, the guy may not have come off the price, so no need to dwell on that.

As for mods, I am 100% satisfied. I have CT headers, ARK DT-S exhaust and the SOS clutch so far. I am very pleased with all of these. I may have opted for the GTLW exhaust from Taitec for the different sound, but I do like the "deeper" sound from the DT-S. Not to mention the DT-S tends to produce the best HP gains from exhausts in that price range.

So, long story short, I'm very pleased and loving the owning/driving experience.

One thing I would definitely change... I wouldn't have bought a black car. I told myself that finding a straight car, low miles, no mod's, in perfect mechanical shape was going to be too hard to replicate. So I did what I said I'd never do again, I bought another black car. It would have been hard, but not impossible. And it certainly would have been easier than keeping my black car as clean as I want it to be.

The other thing I might have done differently would be to hold out for a Zanardi. I thought I'd take the roof panel off the car more than I actually do and I def. think the 3.2L/6 speed is worth it but I might have preferred the coupe.

I wouldn't change much, but I feel I was very fortunate when I found the car I bought (or more properly, it found me).

I was after the best mechanical condition for a daily driver I could find in the budget I'd allocated for this.

I'm satisfied with my '91. I knew for sure that I didn't want a targa NSX. The NSX was originally designed as a fixed roof coupe and I think too many compromises were made to make the top removable. Plus, if I wanted to have open air motoring, I could always just drive the S2000/Miata/MR2 Spyder. I do, however, like '97+ coupes and Zanardis. I would give my '91 up for one in a heartbeat.

Hi guys, if you have to comeback and start over with your NSX project. What would be the changes?

1) Year of the car (why?)
2) Performance modifications

I am pretty sure majority of you are satisfied with your current set-ups, but please feel free to join in :)

I would have only bought one and finished it the way I wanted and put off getting the second one. I am never fully satisfied with any of my set-ups.

I would have bought a 1994 model year and put a 3.2L motor w/ a 6 speed in it.

Or...and this would have taken far too long...I would have looked for one of those rare factory NA2 coupes.

No changes here...the only thing I would have changed was getting rid of my money grubbing - gambleholic fiancee earlier:eek: lol...lol..lol...lol..then I would have had my machine earlier:cool:

Dam

If I could it all over again. I would probably would not get a black car and definitely would hold up, so I can either get a zanardi or and 02!! I love the upgraded brakes and the 6 speed on the newer models. Zanardi would definitely be my first choice!!

One thing I would definitely change... I wouldn't have bought a black car. I told myself that finding a straight car, low miles, no mod's, in perfect mechanical shape was going to be too hard to replicate. So I did what I said I'd never do again, I bought another black car. It would have been hard, but not impossible. And it certainly would have been easier than keeping my black car as clean as I want it to be.

The other thing I might have done differently would be to hold out for a Zanardi. I thought I'd take the roof panel off the car more than I actually do and I def. think the 3.2L/6 speed is worth it but I might have preferred the coupe.

Why do you hate black? I think black w/ ivory is the best looking color combo by far. Is there a problem with the paint life/quality in black?

- Michael

Why do you hate black? I think black w/ ivory is the best looking color combo by far. Is there a problem with the paint life/quality in black?

- Michael

Michael -

Black/camel is actually the best looking combo.:wink:

I love the way black looks. But if you're fanatical about keeping your car clean (like I am) it's a nonstop headache. And since I don't drive the car every day, it almost makes the problem worse.

Michael -

Black/camel is actually the best looking combo.:wink:

I love the way black looks. But if you're fanatical about keeping your car clean (like I am) it's a nonstop headache. And since I don't drive the car every day, it almost makes the problem worse.

^ ditto for what Christian said.

A black exterior/light interior is the highest maintenance color combo. I previously owned a silver car with gunmetal rims (definitely the easiest color combo to maintain), and it needed to be washed about 1/3 as often.

Can't say I could do any better since I bought one of the last new 05s in the best color made, Long Beach Blue Pearl :biggrin: Steve

Woulda jumped up to a 02+. I feel I can't do that now that I've got a CTSC on my '92

Same here. Ive gone way to far with my 92. I'll never sell her. I should have just bought an 02 in Imola Orange instead of an S2000 but you live and learn. One day I have one. Im done selling cars, I put too much money into them. Im starting to become a collector:biggrin:

Back