I want a new job!

Does anybody out there know of any openings for an entry level research scientist? I have a degree in Molecular and Cellular Biology and would like to get into the field, however I do not have any experience and I have been out of college for 3 years now.

I thought I would post here because so many of you seem to have all the answers.

Thanks in advance!

One of my friends works for Affymetrix in Sacramento. She is a chemical engineer, and she enjoys her work there.

I went to the Affymetrix website and found some openings. The downside is the openings are mostly in Northern CA, and in the expensive places at that (i.e., Santa Clara).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

depends how you want to get into it... To run a lab, you likeley need a PhD. Figure 5 yrs +/-... of course, 5 years from now, you'll lbe 5 yrs older anyway, so may as well go for it.. $$ is of course much higher with the higher degrees. Other option is teaching.. You can part/full time at the community college level with BS/MS/PhD degrees... might be your best bet. Other possibilities inc. nursing, pharmacy, vet type work, med school, working for the state labs, etc. personally, i'd got for the MS or PhD and then get into the community colleges. low stress, high pay (relatively speaking, or course)

oh, BTW, a graduate student typically earns a stipend, enuf to pay for food and rent, if not NSX payments.

Back