I think I've found the one I want to get...

Hi Guys,
Well I think I've finally found one I really like, it already has alot of the things I like, such as upgraded wheels, stereo and exhaust... do any of you know of any problems with this car? If not, I'm off to Houston!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5337&item=1875370991

I've talked to the guy several times and he seems to be pretty cool.

Thanks in advance for any info about the car.

just make sure you have a nsx tech take a look at it first, and have someone from prime to look at the overall condition if at all possible, paint, seats, that sort of thing. I just bought mine less than 2 weeks ago site unseen and I am more than pleased with the end results. Just be sure you can back out if you are not totally in love, I could not even talk when I saw mine. Good luck and let me know how it turns out for you.

cpmoran is giving you good advice. Unfortunately, with eBay, I don't know how easy it is to back out of the deal if overall condition is not so hot, based on the report of an NSX tech and/or someone from NSXprime.

Also keep in mind that you don't know if you will win the bid, and you don't know what reserve will be necessary to buy it (unless the buyer has told you).

To be pragmatic about it - the less money you've put down, the easier it is going to be to back out if there is a problem with the car. If you can get the car looked at before the auction closes, then you should only be out the cost of the inspection if there are problems.

Even if you win the auction and welch on the deal (I've got a little Welsh blood so I can say that without being PI) there ain't much that anyone can do to you, ebay could cancel your account (chances are they won't) and the seller could leave a stinky feedback rating (chances are they will unless you smooth talk them).

WannbeNSXr:
The low reserve price might entice you, but be careful on what you buy. From the description, it states that it is all original paint... BUT just from my quick visual inspection of the detailed pics show that (1)the front chin spoiler was painted red -ok, (2) the Acura emblem on the front is not OEM because it has yellow in it (red flag1), (3) the vented trim around the engine compartment is painted red and supposed to be black plastic(red flag2). Of course the WW side skirts, rear spats and rear diffuser were painted red- which is common, but why the change of front Acura emblem and painting the engine trim? Most people paint the roof to resemble the Targa look but I have not seen nor heard of anyone painting the black trim around the engine compartment???.....

Just get someone to look at the car thoroughly and that you are in 100% completely satisfied with the car. If this falls through, don't worry because there are several NSX's on the For Sale Forum here that are priced reasonbly low......

Godd Luck!

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Sharp eye, Biaggi! I'm hiring you to buy my next NSX!
wink.gif

I think I'd be a little skeptical of a car where all the photos were taken AT NIGHT so you can't really see any details. Maybe it's just me...

Anytime PHOEN$X.... Lud is right, I can't stand seeing pics taken at night of a car being sold or even blurry digital pics..go figure?! Some things just raise a quick eyebrow.... Now, you can't even trust fraudalent Ebay sellers.....

But anyway, goodluck WANNABENSXR.... and post ????'s anytime. That's what this forum is all about - adding insight to the NSX community whether you're new or old...

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

hey the auction ended .. are you the buyer?

not to offense.. but the car looks riced to me.. and might have a story to tell for the price..and mods

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 28 December 2002).]

Hi everyone, based on everyone's concern and that he told me the only thing that was painted was the front piece, I chose to let this one go buy. Also, I noticed that in the picture that shows the drivers seat, the paint was discolored on the rocker panel. That was just too weird, so I'm back on the prowl!

I really appreciate everyones help and concern, I'm sure the right one will come along (if I can just not spend the money on somthing else
smile.gif

It's been a rough few months, I've always driven some kind of sports car, in fact when I recently got married I had an 88 Fiero GT (show car),95 Mits 3000GT and a 93 6-speed Corvette in my garage... I'm now driving a 93 Mazda Protege, cough, cough. I'm itching to get my first NSX, I've driven my next door neighbors (black automatic), but I can't wait to drive my own 5 speed!

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Wanna be NSXr

I think you made a good choice. That car looked a little rough. The owner could have at least put a little Lexol on those bolsters
smile.gif

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

Back