- Clutch
- Brakes
-Tires
-Clutch Cylinder
-AC Compressor and Control Unit
- Custom Installed Kenwood DDX System w/ bluetooth, Nav, etc
- Comptech Headers and Exhaust
-Coilover System

I need to swap the timing belt as it was last done in 2008. It drives straight as an arrow and is very tight.

I drove it over 150 miles yesterday and really put it through it's paces and no issues at all.

Last edited:
It's a Salvage title NSX....doing the T/B and water pump will help with the value, and maintenance.....But don't expect to make a Killing with a Salvage title NSX either.

Good Luck.

Bram

I'm going to keep it for a while maybe even a very long while. Given it's very good condition and the fact once i swap the belt next week it literally needs nothing and everything anyone worries about is esentially brand new i'm thrilled
I am very new to NSX land. I've had my Ferrari 360 for years and don't really know the market on the NSX at all. I bought it because it fell into my lap, and was local and was very time sensitive.

Last edited:
I like yellow. When do we get to see some pics? I would have definitely bought that for the price you paid. There are some upsides to owning a salvaged exotic. The stress of daily driving and keeping it in time capsule mint condition goes away.

Id assume you would be able to resell rather quickly for $5k-10k profit without doing anything depending on where you were located. Im not even needing another car but if it were local and looked decent Id offer $20k and make it a track car

Sounds like parts alone would be worth more than you paid...drive the heck out of it and enjoy!
My NSX got a light front hit and was salvaged by insurance a few years back. I repaired and upgraded and could not be more pleased with the car. It is liberating to not have to worry (too much) about enjoying the car.

Great. I'm in SoCal and the car has been great so far. I'm swapping hte water pump, timing belt and drive belt tuesday at my Ferrari Mechanic. I'll play with it over the winter. If i'm bored I'll flip it in the spring i Guess. I'll probably keep it. I am out of garage space is that main issue....

No real details but in 1999 it took a hit to the drivers rear quarter but that was 20 years and 30k miles ago . I had a PPI dont and everything is straight so i figured who cares

Last edited:
Great deal! Congratulations.

Ermmmm, where are the pictures?

a running nsx that can pass state inspection for 16k is well bought.

I'll get some pics up this weekend. I took it out las tnight too. It's much slower than my 360 but it feels like it handles better. I'm liking the feeling of high speed turns without power steering. Adds to the fun factor. Plus rowing gears vs F1 is fun. I need to raise it about an inch , it's REALLY low now which makes in town driving difficult entering and exiting....... Overall I'm more than happy

Thanks, those were before I detailed it this weekend. It cleaned up really well and honestly from 5 ft it looks new. The inside cleaned up literally new. I just cant stand the yellow inserts. Do you all think its worth the time and money to flip them to black again ??

Heres a post detail pic at the beach

post detail.jpg

You can recolor leather. The leather used in most cars is essentially a flexible plastic coating on the leather rather than a dye, so you can scuff it and spray another color on. Look up a few tutorials and see if it's something you think you can do, it would be much easier and cheaper than buying all new leather for the interior.

You can recolor leather. The leather used in most cars is essentially a flexible plastic coating on the leather rather than a dye, so you can scuff it and spray another color on. Look up a few tutorials and see if it's something you think you can do, it would be much easier and cheaper than buying all new leather for the interior.

I did it to my car & changed from OEM black to BMW Imola Red. I used the kit from Furniture Clinic in NY. It was easy to do just follow the instructions. I had my best friends who owns a body shop spray the seats.

It was done 3 years ago & still look good, some wear spots have come up in regular wear spots. I might have needed to prepare the seats a bit better not sure? When I began to small project I didn't believe it would work & it was more of an experiment. It actually does work though.
https://www.furnitureclinic.com/

Thanks for the heads up. I have to decide if i am going to flip it in the spring or keep it. If i keep it then i am going to make it 100% original. If not then i'm just flipping it. I'm hoping to not get bored of it but finding time to drive both this and my Ferrari 360 with 3 small kids is hard. At the same time i dont think i'll ever be able to find a deal on an NSX like this again so maybe it's ok if its only driven twice a month until years go by and i have free time.............

Back