I SUPPLY WHAT NSX'S LOVE ''93 OCTANE''

here on the east, Sunoco has 94 for a good price
smile.gif
Im happy thnks

Thats strange. I've never had good experiences with Shell gasoline. I remember putting Shell in my Integra when it only had about 10k miles and my car backfired during acceleration. After switching to another brand, it never happened again. This was in NC.

I find Exxon gas great for new cars, but not for higher mileage cars. Great throttle response. The engine just seems louder on higher mileage cars.

On higher mileage cars, I use Amoco. The stuff they put in their gas seems to muffle the engine noise a lot better but throttle response isn't nearly as good as with Exxon gas. Probably for all the detergents they put in the gas.

My experiences have only been Accords, Integras, RLs, and NSXs.

I've never tried Sunoco, because they don't have any in my area.

Three Marylanders in a row responding to this post
smile.gif
Anyhow, I've tried every single brand of gas and I have never had a problem that was gas-related.

Out here in NJ and NY most suppliers are located in Port Newark. You can see all the tankers lining up at the SAME tank to get there fuel! So, regardless of "Mobil", "Exxon", or "No Name" it's all the same source. I just can not see paying for marketing expenses
smile.gif

My $.02,
LarryB

The above statement may be true but how many of us gas up at the local generic circle K,wa-wa or whatever noname brand of fuel! given a choice of the big names.

The fact is gas is gas just the additive packages are different. Shell has a new one out for better milage. I have been with Shell for 35 years. I accidently hit post instead of reply sorry I started this topic.Someone was just asking what owners of NSX's did for a living. But if anyone wants to talk about gas and oil feel free to mail.

Originally posted by AKUDOUSAN:
The fact is gas is gas just the additive packages are different. B]

Absolutely correct.

I work for a small part of Citigroup that specializes in financing oil companies, their jobbers and their dealers. I can tell you that despite all the hype you hear out there, and with very few exceptions, gas is gas. 93 octane from Mobil is not really any different than 93 Octane from Sheetz, WaWa or Sunoco. The only time you will find material differences are when the dealer (read retailer) you're dealing with has done a no-no and co-mingled brands or done something to the product he hasn't in order to pad his bottom line. So that you all know, all the majors as well as most local and state govt's crack down very hard on dealers they find doing this.

As a final note, you all not living in CA should consider yourselves very lucky. Not only do we pay out the buttocks for product, but we're pretty much limited to 91 octane gas. A select few places will sell racing fuel (100+ octane) but those places are far and few between and you don't want to know what a gallon of that dino juice will cost you. I'd kill to be able to consistenly run 94 octane in my car.

Back