I Need Your Expertise :)

Ok...I want a 95 nsx ideally..but I only have 20K to spend; so thats not going to happen. In my area there is a 91 salvage title red NSX with 110K miles...asking price in 21K. I saw the car and it looks super clean, all panels perfectly align. Is that a fair price for a salvage?

Mechanically; what things should I be watching for? Anybody know of any shops around the Long Beach area that will diagnose the car? Im just scarred about dropping 20K on the car only to spend another 10k in repairs.....

Thanks a million guys :)

Izzy
(Future NSXer)

Probably going to be ok, salvaged or not. If it is properly rebuilt should go for about 20,000 or that much. I have seen a NSX go for 19,100 with 127k and tored up seat. However, the vehicle ran great and need nothing.

speedyizzy said:
Ok...I want a 95 nsx ideally..but I only have 20K to spend; so thats not going to happen. In my area there is a 91 salvage title red NSX with 110K miles...asking price in 21K. I saw the car and it looks super clean, all panels perfectly align. Is that a fair price for a salvage?

Mechanically; what things should I be watching for? Anybody know of any shops around the Long Beach area that will diagnose the car? Im just scarred about dropping 20K on the car only to spend another 10k in repairs.....

Thanks a million guys :)

Izzy
(Future NSXer)

I personally think that the 91 w/ 110k miles/salvage title for $21k is not a good price. If I were you, I would save up little more, and buy the car with the clean title. There are a lot of decent (not mint, but decent) ones out there for $24-25k price range, if you don't mind high milege.

What was the reason for the salvage title? I agree with Tiger, I would stay away from it unless you can afford to fix any potential hidden problems.

The owner has had the car for about 3 years...he bought it as a salvage and claimed he made repairs to the rear right quarter and suspension. I asked him about maintenance documentation and he claims he does all the maintenance himself...:/ ....if i want to get the car checked out..can I take it to any acura dealer for a general inspection? how much should something like that cost?

There is someone else here selling a clean title 93' for about 20...it was brushed along the side...I will spend at least 3k in repairs..but at least i know what im getting into...

That does not seem like a 'good price' to me either. I bought my (clean title) '91 blk NSX from the original owner with 66,000 on the odometer for $23,000. The NSX is a high performance car, and believe me you will drive it as one. I simply wouldn't trust a 'rebuilt' NSX with my life at high speed. Furthermore, the salvage title will be a stumbling block should you decide to sell the car at a later date.

I'm assuming you want a 95' or later because of the Targo top, so if you end up buying a 91 - 94, will you be happy or will you kick yourself and wonder why you didn't save more money to get what you really want?

speedyizzy said:
....if i want to get the car checked out..can I take it to any acura dealer for a general inspection?
I would suggest taking it to an Acura dealer that does a lot of NSX service work, or an independent mechanic that does so. Many Acura dealers rarely work on an NSX and the techs may not be familiar with the more common problems on the car.

speedyizzy said:
how much should something like that cost?
Typically 1-2 hours at their standard hourly rate (generally $75-100 per hour).

speedyizzy said:
Anybody know of any shops around the Long Beach area that will diagnose the car?
I've heard good reports about Autowave in Huntington Beach for NSX service.

Back