I need opinions on a good price for this NSX

I am trying to buy a 1998 White NSX Targa from the original owner. It is a manual trans, and it has about 15,000 miles on it. It is in excellent condition. I have seen the car. It has no accidents, and is completely stock. My questions are this:

1.What is the price you would expect to pay for this car?Not Retail value, but what someone here would expect to get for the car if it was theirs and they were selling it on this site.

2. At what price do you think you would have a hard time not buying it, just because the price was so good? (don't say 20K!! as we know that would never happen on this type/condtion car, be realistic..what price would make you "giddy")

Yes, I did read that, but it has not been updated for a little while, and also the spread is pretty wide on the pricing. I was hoping some actual owners or prospective buyers like me could give me an idea on these 2 questions.

Anyone else? I have seen asking prices much higher here for similar cars, and they seem to sell pretty quickly. Is it that people are asking 5-8 grand more than they are willing to take in all these cases? Also, what would be your answer to the second question?

NSXHunter, you are right...car markets (and even NSX markets) change with time, but the pricing guide here on Prime has not. IMO a fair [seller's] price for the car you mention is right with Bilulan's range: $45-47K depending on condition and seller's desperation. I'd say if the car checks out, a fair buyer's price would be in the $43-46K range. A killer deal (buy) would be $40-42K. Under $40K and I would be worried that it was too good to be true...

good luck

If it is really the car for you then jump on it...........I missed out an a good one and it took me a year to find another!!!

:eek:

Back