I need help!

Is there anyway one of your Austin guys can come check what's wrong with my car? It turns over but will not ignite.

Yesterday it did the same thing. I replaced the fuel filter and it fired right up. This morning it is doing the same thing. Now the fuel filter is not getting any fuel. From what I have head, it could be something as simple as a relay and/or the fuel resistor. Or it could be the fuel pump. Before I go buy a fuel pump, I am hoping that someone that knows how to check the relays can come check them for me.

I think all you guys have my number. I really appreciate it!

Hmm...I would verify that there's power to the fuel pump and the main relay first.

Remember

Ignition key on->supplies power to main relay->main relay supplies power to fuel pump (and other stuff).

Honda's (all of them) have an issue with the main relay going bad, so that's what I would check first.

Have you confirmed the ECU is coming on? When you turn the key on, does the check engine light come on?

Hmm...I would verify that there's power to the fuel pump and the main relay first.

Remember

Ignition key on->supplies power to main relay->main relay supplies power to fuel pump (and other stuff).

Honda's (all of them) have an issue with the main relay going bad, so that's what I would check first.

Have you confirmed the ECU is coming on? When you turn the key on, does the check engine light come on?

The check engine light is coming on then goes off. I'm pretty sure I can hear the humming of the fuel pump preasurizing. I don't know how to test the relays or which relays to test.

but there's no fuel coming to the fuel filter? If you can hear the fuel pump priming then the main relay should still be good. However, if you still want to check it, the main relay sits in the back by the ecu. There's a few topics on how to check it on prime though.

If there's no fuel to the fuel filter, and the pump is in fact, priming, then there's got to be a leak somewhere, or the in tank fuel filter is clogged up.

For main relay, take a look here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=504294&postcount=6 It's very easy to get to: Just pop off upper trim (#2) in picture below. Sometimes you can tap a bit on the relay (to make a connection) and it may start up. Obviously, that's not a fix, but if it does start up, you can be almost certain the main relay is the issue. This is also a good thread with some pics: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1037676

5957rear_interior.JPG

Jose got it started in about 30 seconds. It was the main relay. It still doesn't run completely right, so I am going to put a new one in. Thanks to Jose, I at least know what was causing that.

Back