• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need help to install my new rear spoiller!

I just purchased a Pride NSX-R style rear spoiler and I was told that it is better to have help installing it, rather than installing it alone. Anyone have free time this Saturday late afternoon or Sunday late afternoon? If you have experience in installing the spoiler, that would be even better!

Thanks

Mario
626-676-3000

Mario, you can do this by yourself. The thread that you were part of with the purchase of the wing shows how the wires go. Your existing wing is held on by six (6) acorn nuts that you will find on the inside of the rear deck lid at either side. Remove these nuts and your old wing will come right off. Disconnect the wire harness at the clip and it is off completely. You may want to use a blanket or towels to protect the paint on your deck. The install is the reverse. Shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes and that includes the time to connect the wires. You got this man.

Mario, you can do this by yourself. The thread that you were part of with the purchase of the wing shows how the wires go. Your existing wing is held on by six (6) acorn nuts that you will find on the inside of the rear deck lid at either side. Remove these nuts and your old wing will come right off. Disconnect the wire harness at the clip and it is off completely. You may want to use a blanket or towels to protect the paint on your deck. The install is the reverse. Shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes and that includes the time to connect the wires. You got this man.

Thanks JC, I was told by some of the Prime members that it helps to have someone help hold the wing while it is being bolted in place, and to ensure that it does not fall onto the trunk of the car. If I get no takers, I'll tackle the install myself.

I was hoping to see your new car on the Big Bear drive, but I may need to pass in that I have to take my wife to Long Beach where she will be departing on one of the cruise ships. She cant be late, and if the drive drags on or if I have mechanical problems, my wife will miss her boat LOL. So I'll see your car next time.

Well after a little work and some advice from fellow prime members I got my wing installed. One person can do it.

Back