I need help from the fam!

Not knowing anything about this specific car, on the surface of the ad it looks appealing. Only mods are suspension and wheels. Looks immaculate - low miles. Look at the garage, house, and the other vehicle - I think stuff like that tends to suggest how the owner maintains his cars. Would get a PPI for sure, and then let the negotiations begin. Assuming all is in order, think that the 30k price is in the right range. Good luck, and keep us posted.

If I wasn't the middle of moving I would've gone over there to check it out myself. I think the price is actually kind of low compared to all the others on the market and considering the condition it appears to be in. Looks like a great deal and keep us posted.

Glad we don't have to fight over it ;)

I noticed that ad as well, peaked my interest but it's a little to far for me to travel to purchase. Being in the market I agree that the car/surroundings look good and price and mileage seems to be good.

I believe for the early year models, the Acura rule of thumb for replacing the timing belt was every 7 years or 90k miles whichever is first. So, if the last timing belt was done 10 years ago, then you really should be replacing it immediately irrespective of the miles on it. No one will be able to tell you what the risk is of not replacing it at the recommended interval .. we can only tell you that if you have a timing belt failure, it's going to be a very expensive engine rebuild.

Back