I need advice from Automatic NSX driver!!

I need HELP!

AUTO. vs MANUAL
Auto: Great price and I could get it tommorrow!!
Manual: My first choice but have to wait patiently for the right one !!
what should I do??

Last edited:
Re: I need HELP!

NSXIMUM said:
AUTO. vs MANUEL
Auto: Great price and I could get it tommorrow!!
Manuel: My first choice but have to wait patiently for the right one !!
what should I do??

What do you want to drive, if it's a manual, wait, if it's an automatic, go for it, if you don't care, either do I. For my $$$ I want to DRIVE an exotic sports car, and that means shift for myself. If your driving is in lots of stop and go traffic, and you don't want to be shifting, go for the auto. It's your money, what we think doesn't really matter. JMHO:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Go with what you REALLY WANT first and foremost. If that means waiting patiently then do that. The car you really want will show sooner or later. Thats how it worked for me, got the year, color I wanted.
If you jump at the first thing available, down the road you'll regret it and wished you had really waited (I've been in that situation before). Good luck to you.

As everyone here has mentioned already......you should go with what you want first. Even if the second choice is substantialy cheaper....we're talking a purchase that is tens of thousands of dollars and getting what you really want is KEY. IMO saving a couple thousand is nice but definitely not at the expense of choosing manual/auto when you'd rather be driving the auto/manual.

I've said it before, I love my NSX but would have waited for a manual if I had a chance to do it over again. My biggest gripe with an automatic is not being able to hold a gear in that sweet spot of power and great sound (ie- 4 - 6,000 rpm). Suppose I could manual shift it but don't think that's good for it. Otherwise my tranny has been functioning flawlessly.

Well, since you're asking for it, I'll decide for you.

Get the "manuel" as you would call it. :cool:
Your first choice is usually the right one.

I've got an Auto, but then, I live in Hong Kong. If I were State-side, I'd definitely be driving a stick.

Manuel

Well, I think you should ask "manuel" what he thinks about the whole set up. He might not be too happy with your preferences. Better check ! :D

Back