I need a tire recommendation

I need some tires with shitty traction. The worse the better. It's for a drift class. 255/35/18 and the cheaper the better too. Any ideas? I don't want to ruin my AD08's. And its easier to learn with less traction.

no semi decent partially used (7/32) all seasons on boston Craigslist?

disclaimer - not trying to offend any primers with this suggestion... i figure its the lowest price, best value/dollar, $h!ttiest traction way to go.

Last edited:
There's actually a winter tire available in that size, the Pirelli Winter Sottozero. :biggrin:

Seriously, though, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on new tires for that purpose. I'd pick up some used tires. I've found some good buys on used tires from this place and this place. And click here for an eBay listing of tires that size, sorted by lowest price+shipping.

I don't really suggest using old tires for drifting. Old tires will more likely separate and shred apart pretty easily damaging the bodywork.

I would try to find the cheapest new tire you can find.
New tires will atleast wear a bit more consistent and give some warning to replace for another pair.

I guess it also depends on how much drifting you plan on doing.

does'nt nitto have a drift tire? Dave you never cease to amaze..now you are going to drift the nsx? where is this course given....chestnut St.:tongue:

Yup nangkang, nexen, federal, achilles, the brand names get weirder and weirder...

fast + furious 8 - boston drift.

LOL!!

Doc I'm taking some drift classes and some autoX because it will help me control this beast once I've gone too far on the track. I'm not planning to start drifting the nsx. It's just one or two classes in a big parking lot. I think going over the limits of grip will give me more confidence.

Nankang it is... LOL thanks guys.

lol as the instructor looks over at dave in horror as the nsx spins wildly out of control dave screams out "group buy on this sh#t man" ala cruise in Taps during the machine gun scene...

LOL!!

Doc I'm taking some drift classes and some autoX because it will help me control this beast once I've gone too far on the track. I'm not planning to start drifting the nsx. It's just one or two classes in a big parking lot. I think going over the limits of grip will give me more confidence.

Nankang it is... LOL thanks guys.

PS, we're fairly certain that we'll have the skidpad open for NSXPO. It's one of the tentative items but it would be a hell of a place to practice exactly what you're looking for.

I don't really suggest using old tires for drifting. Old tires will more likely separate and shred apart pretty easily damaging the bodywork.
I was suggesting used tires, not old tires. Most of the used tires I've bought have been pretty new, no more than 2-3 years old.

And who told you that old tires will separate and shred apart? :rolleyes:

Might as well buy some new cheap tires DAVE. Try Ebay. I have a friend here in town that have a couple 240's and all he uses is Falken's and Nangkang tires to drift.
The link I already posted in my post above will display all tires that size on eBay, including new tires as well as used ones. You can use the filters on the left to restrict the list to new tires if you like. There's a Sunny tire that's even cheaper than the Nankang ($110 vs $115).

Last edited:
Accelera is only $83. Sure sounds fast...

Adrian here, "King of Cheap Ass Wheels and Tires"
Check out http://www.onlinetires.com and search your size.

I've heard mixed reviews on the company in terms of order fulfillment, but it'll give you an idea of some of the cheapest tires available.

Seems like the Accelera PHI, Federal SS-595, Nankang NS-II, and Maxxis MA-V1 seem to be the cheapest. GT Champrio 328 and Nexen N3000 round out the bottom of the barrel.

While you're at it, add a set of two XXR/Primax 522s to mount them on..
http://www.amazon.com/Primax-522-Wheel-18x9-5-5x114-3mm/dp/B0081COLEA
$170 each, and they're JWL and TUV certified.

Last edited:
I was suggesting used tires, not old tires. Most of the used tires I've bought have been pretty new, no more than 2-3 years old.

And who told you that old tires will separate and shred apart? :rolleyes:

From experience from past s13's

Used tires is a pretty general catagory but if you're saying 2-3 yrs with atleast 7/32nds left then I guess so.

IMHO On a nsx I wouldn't risk the bodywork just because of a few dollars difference between used and new.

Last edited:
Back