I need a lesson in Porsche

In light of robr's "I need a lesson in Mercedes Benz", I was wondering if someone can break down the Porsche models for me. I go to other car forums and people keep mentioning such and such models like 911, 944, Carrera, G2...or what not and I have no clue which specific car they're talking about. It doesn't help that they all look alike either. So far, I can tell the difference between a 911 and a Boxster.

Also, this is for my reference in case I might get a Porsche in the future. :D
Thanks.

911 is a series of porsches and there are differnet series numbers like the newest 911 is called the 997. the one before that is the 996 and so on and so on. a gt3 and gt2 is a higher model of the 911 and of course the 911 turbo. the carreras are pretty much the base model of the 911 series but the carrera gt i hope you know what that one is. that is there newest supercar in the 500,000 dollar price range. if your interest there are plenty of books you can purchase a local book store i actually just got one on porsche havent started to read it yet or i could probably help you out alot more.

Back