I Like Fast Cars

I was interested in knowing what were the best 0-60MPH and 1/4 mile times of guys on Prime. Stock NA1, NA2, bolt-on mods(which ones), FI. I realize there is alot more to a car than straight-line speed, otherwise I'd be wasting my time on Z06 or Supra forums. Cars also have things called handling, braking, agility, elegance. But it's still fun to talk about. The best I've seen written on an NSX is 4.5 0-60MPH by Car & Driver on an allegedly stock NSX. Seems a bit low considering Type R is listed at 4.4. Nonetheless, if you guys have real data and with what mods it would be more interesting.

BTW, if this is a repost I'd appreciate it if I could be directed to the right thread. Peace.

I was interested in knowing what were the best 0-60MPH and 1/4 mile times of guys on Prime. Stock NA1, NA2, bolt-on mods(which ones), FI. I realize there is alot more to a car than straight-line speed, otherwise I'd be wasting my time on Z06 or Supra forums. Cars also have things called handling, braking, agility, elegance. But it's still fun to talk about. The best I've seen written on an NSX is 4.5 0-60MPH by Car & Driver on an allegedly stock NSX. Seems a bit low considering Type R is listed at 4.4. Nonetheless, if you guys have real data and with what mods it would be more interesting.

BTW, if this is a repost I'd appreciate it if I could be directed to the right thread. Peace.

The NSX is a beautiful and capable performance car, but by today's standards its not really considered a very fast car. If you are looking for a real fast car, your money is best spent elsewhere.

Keep in mind that the 0-60 times are often very rarely duplicated by different drivers, the 0-60 time is only indicitive of the conditions at that very moment and depending on the condition, the car may be able to go slightly faster or slower in the 0-60. Just because the Type R does 0-60 in 4.4 doesn't mean it couldn't do it faster. It was just the best time the car did at that given moment and scenario.

Keep in mind that the 0-60 times are often very rarely duplicated by different drivers, the 0-60 time is only indicitive of the conditions at that very moment and depending on the condition, the car may be able to go slightly faster or slower in the 0-60. Just because the Type R does 0-60 in 4.4 doesn't mean it couldn't do it faster. It was just the best time the car did at that given moment and scenario.

Agreed. Different days, different drivers, different tires, etc. 4.4 sec 0-60 is the fastest I have ever seen for any stock NSX tested. 4.5 sec is listed in C & D but that is also the fastest I have ever seen.

Another good example is the Lotus Elise. I've seen times of 4.9 sec 0-60 but I challenge anyone to actually duplicate that time. :rolleyes:

Are you actually interested in how fast the average driver can be in an NSX or do you just want to brag? Even though some publications show 4.5-4.7 sec for an NA2 NSX and 4.1-4.2 sec for a ZO6 I promise you an NSX will get obliterated by a ZO6 in real life, same driver, same conditions.

Here's a comprehinsive list of 0-60 times. I would average them to come up with a real-life expectation.

Agreed. Different days, different drivers, different tires, etc. 4.4 sec 0-60 is the fastest I have ever seen for any stock NSX tested. 4.5 sec is listed in C & D but that is also the fastest I have ever seen.

Another good example is the Lotus Elise. I've seen times of 4.9 sec 0-60 but I challenge anyone to actually duplicate that time. :rolleyes:

Are you actually interested in how fast the average driver can be in an NSX or do you just want to brag? Even though some publications show 4.5-4.7 sec for an NA2 NSX and 4.1-4.2 sec for a ZO6 I promise you an NSX will get obliterated by a ZO6 in real life, same driver, same conditions.

Here's a comprehinsive list of 0-60 times. I would average them to come up with a real-life expectation.

I just wanted to brag...I highly doubt I have the ability to launch a car like Schumacher or Senna, let alone the guys that track their car. And 0-60 is not the make or break as to why I would purchase a car. But, I know alot of the guys on this forum do performance mods (I/H/E), SC, and Turbo kits...so I'm assuming many have gone to the strip to see what they're putting out. So a compilatin of #s from real-life people would be cool to see, from stock to FI craziness. In addition, I've read some on Prime talking bout unwritten engine upgrades in mid-2002 so that may also be potentially be reflected in performance data.

I just wanted to brag...I highly doubt I have the ability to launch a car like Schumacher or Senna, let alone the guys that track their car. And 0-60 is not the make or break as to why I would purchase a car. But, I know alot of the guys on this forum do performance mods (I/H/E), SC, and Turbo kits...so I'm assuming many have gone to the strip to see what they're putting out. So a compilatin of #s from real-life people would be cool to see, from stock to FI craziness. In addition, I've read some on Prime talking bout unwritten engine upgrades in mid-2002 so that may also be potentially be reflected in performance data.

The rumor is that around 2003 all NA2 NSXs have Type-R balanced and blueprinted motors resulting in up to 10% more hp than pre 03s. This is purely speculation but hopefully we can see some empirical evidence at some point.

For example, VanceHu's 2003 has dynoed at ~303 rwhp with basic bolt-ons. Assuming a ~12% drivetrain power loss that's about 345 bhp or a 55hp increase over the stated hp of 290 for an NA2. It's unlikely his bolt-ons resulted in a 55hp increase, particularly on an NA2. His bolt-ons likely only got him maybe 25hp. This is consistent with about 10% more hp stock or around 323bhp out of the box. But he's got very extreme, atypical numbers for a stock car.

IIRC he's stated he can run 0-60 in about 4.5 sec consistently. You're probably not going to find a faster bolt-on-only modded NSX than Vance's.

It might not be the fastest car on the road, but if you want one of the rarest, most reliable, exotic looking, best handling, low-low depriciating, all around sick ass car....get an NSX:cool:

yeah, some of the newer, less expensive cars like an EVO or STi might be faster out of the box, but at the end of the day it's still just an EVO,Sti,C6 or any other dime a dozen cars that you see 5-10 a day of:tongue:

It might not be the fastest car on the road, but if you want one of the rarest, most reliable, exotic looking, best handling, low-low depriciating, all around sick ass car....get an NSX:cool:

yeah, some of the newer, less expensive cars like an EVO or STi might be faster out of the box, but at the end of the day it's still just an EVO,Sti,C6 or any other dime a dozen cars that you see 5-10 a day of:tongue:

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^

Wouldn't the NSX take the EVO/STi in the twisties. I think I read that back in the day it was one of the Best handling and well balanced car,

Wouldn't the NSX take the EVO/STi in the twisties. I think I read that back in the day it was one of the Best handling and well balanced car,

yes I'm sure it would...I was talking about HP, straight line speed 0-60....:redface:

It might not be the fastest out of the box, but any sort of FI will take it into "insanely fast" territory. It's a light car to begin with, and if you read any of the threads on weight reduction, you can see that it can easily be a sub 3k lb car. If you've got the money, and the determination, save up like I plan to, and build a an FI NSX. You don't even need to have a crazy amount of boost. I haven't experienced it for myself, but I would imagine 350-370rwhp in such a light nimble car is much more than adequate for a street car.

The main factor is, it's a car you'll actually want to keep for a long time, and not just get bored with in 1 or two years. I'm a subie guy, but in the end even beats like the EVO and STI are still based on econocars that are, as said, a dime a dozen. It's like the guys with 600whp civics. Sure, you might be able to smoke a ferrari...but you're the one driving a 600hp civic.

That said, if straight line speed is your only goal, go out and a mustang and slap a KB on it. That way, there's one more potential NSX out there for me to get :D

yes I'm sure it would...I was talking about HP, straight line speed 0-60....:redface:

I know, but when I think of the NSX I never thought of all inspiring horsepower and muscle. I thought of a light nimble car with enough power to back up its handling. Honda I thought Balanced the car out great. even though I used to wish that they added just a tiny bit more power(310-320) I have watched videos and heard stories of the NSX holding its on against cars with almost twice its power all cause it destroyed them in cornering, and braking. If I were to FI a NSX I think it would be SC I love the sound of Whine over a turbo...

IIRC he's stated he can run 0-60 in about 4.5 sec consistently. You're probably not going to find a faster bolt-on-only modded NSX than Vance's.
I vouch for him. I think I can duplicate 4.5sec driving his NSX as well. The first time I drove the infamous nsx-r, I made the 996 Carrera driver ate my dust:biggrin: in front of 5 NSX owners.

Also when we attended the S2K meet last month. Paul Denice's (runner up of USCC) buddy who owned a E46 M3 with CSL conversion was very very cocky, until Vance gave him a ride. His word were "way faster than his E46 M3:eek::eek:, his voice was shaking a little, lol).

I just wanted to brag...I highly doubt I have the ability to launch a car like Schumacher or Senna, let alone the guys that track their car. And 0-60 is not the make or break as to why I would purchase a car. But, I know alot of the guys on this forum do performance mods (I/H/E), SC, and Turbo kits....
The NSX is a great all around performer. It handles great, I thought S2K handles great in slower speed, the NSX is the king in high speed handling. As far as straightline goes, MR launch is way under rated, it doesn't get easier than this. No wheel hop like Supra, just squad and go.

MR launch vs AWD launch:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEr1RPzoBHU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEr1RPzoBHU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

0~60mph, didn't even launch, bust out your stop watch.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5izh4pVaHAk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5izh4pVaHAk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

50~120mph
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXozbB8mJ3Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXozbB8mJ3Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Launching from steady rolling speed with 200lb passenger:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eauow7vhlPY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eauow7vhlPY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

An MR launch is superior to AWD launches. Mainly because AWD vehicles are NOT suppose to be launched or you'll roast a significant amount of clutch away. My friend who had his AWD Eclipse made his stage 2 clutch last for 8000 miles by launching "occasionally"

50~120mph
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXozbB8mJ3Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yXozbB8mJ3Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Holy crapballs. That's nice acceleration. Is that your CTSC setup?

EVO's and STi's are stock for stock faster than NA1's ,but not NA2's:biggrin:

EVO's and STi's are stock for stock faster than NA1's ,but not NA2's:biggrin:

At 4.9 sec to 60 the EVO IX is more than a match for any stock NSX. I wish it weren't true. :frown: An NA2 should beat it in the quarter mile, however.

The EVO IX is a very quick car. And it can be made much faster for very little money.

The NSX is still king on the high-speed track although I wouldn't want to face an EVO IX at an AutoX event...

At 4.9 sec to 60 the EVO IX is more than a match for any stock NSX. I wish it weren't true. :frown: An NA2 should beat it in the quarter mile, however.

The EVO IX is a very quick car. And it can be made much faster for very little money.

The NSX is still king on the high-speed track although I wouldn't want to face an EVO IX at an AutoX event...

If the NSX clicks off 4.5-4.9 I'd say it's still a hair faster so it actually just becomes a drivers race. If a NSX NA2 is a drivers race with an E46 M3 and it is. Why do you people keep thinking that it doesn't stand a chance against an EVO. M3 owners are not scared of EVO's or Sti's why would NA2 NSX owners be afraid of EVO's or Sti's?

Oh you need to actually see EVO's on high speed tracks before saying NSX is king. Evo is no joke on high speed tracks as the AWD tends to make up for novices lack of skill.

Don't get me wrong I never said the NSX blows Evo's or Sti's away ,but NA2's should never be afraid of these cars stock. NA1 stock for stock is going to lose in most if not all instances. But I have no idea where you get this "more than a match" stuff:confused:

Not to brag, but I've done ~4.0 0-60 on my 400 RWHP SC, 3000 lb car (with a passenger...) A more professional driver with that power/weight ratio, shoudl be able to do between 3.5 & 4.0

The car is so fast, it's addicting...They say cocaine is a hard drug, they were wrong, SC spooling & speed like a demon is much more addicting..

With a SC/Turbo & good tuning, the car is as fast as you want it to be.
When people ask, "how fast is it?", I reply, "that depends, how fast do you want to go?"

With a SC/Turbo & good tuning, the car is as fast as you want it to be.
When people ask, "how fast is it?", I reply, "that depends, how fast do you want to go?"

That should undeniably be the Quote of the Year.

As for AWDs not being made for launching aren't STi's and Evo's made for that kind of abuse? S4s, etc...lots of peformance heavy sports cars are AWD.

BTW, that one video that white NSX kicking ass...I saw that acutally at the NSX meet in South Coast. When I was leaving somebody got pulled over by the 5-0. Hope it wasn't you. But assuredly, looks like there's some sick speed with NSX's.

That should undeniably be the Quote of the Year.

As for AWDs not being made for launching aren't STi's and Evo's made for that kind of abuse? S4s, etc...lots of peformance heavy sports cars are AWD.

BTW, that one video that white NSX kicking ass...I saw that acutally at the NSX meet in South Coast. When I was leaving somebody got pulled over by the 5-0. Hope it wasn't you. But assuredly, looks like there's some sick speed with NSX's.

White NSX? No, mine's yellow. I've been pulled over plenty of times in the last 8 years since I got my license. I consider myself a long - term financial supported of the local Police Departments : ) It's the only way I don't get depressed about how much money I've lost (recently donated $700 to the state of California.. and recent $300 dollar donations to the Bellevue PD..)

Actually both the EVO and the STI will run stock for stock close to an NSX to the point that its probably a drivers race.

Nonetheless, EVO's & STI's can be made very fast for significantly less than an NSX, and you have a significant advantage over 9 out of 10 drivers out there with AWD. I recently got spanked by what appeared to be a well moded STI because I was about... 2 seconds late on the launch :rolleyes:
I want a rematch..... though it seemed to be well moded so I'm not sure. :cool:

If the NSX clicks off 4.5-4.9 I'd say it's still a hair faster so it actually just becomes a drivers race. If a NSX NA2 is a drivers race with an E46 M3 and it is. Why do you people keep thinking that it doesn't stand a chance against an EVO. M3 owners are not scared of EVO's or Sti's why would NA2 NSX owners be afraid of EVO's or Sti's?

Oh you need to actually see EVO's on high speed tracks before saying NSX is king. Evo is no joke on high speed tracks as the AWD tends to make up for novices lack of skill.

Don't get me wrong I never said the NSX blows Evo's or Sti's away ,but NA2's should never be afraid of these cars stock. NA1 stock for stock is going to lose in most if not all instances. But I have no idea where you get this "more than a match" stuff:confused:

That 4.5 sec figure should not be thrown around so easily with the NSX. Unless you're FI or your name is Vance you're not running in the mid 4s 0-60 in an NSX. I don't care what magazine produced that time--duplicating it is a tall order.

So, since an NA2 and EVO IX have similar 0-60 times it's accurate to say it's more than a match. It comes down to driver skill.

Also, M3 and STi owners should be worried about the EVO IX. In a good driver's hands its faster than both of them. :wink:

That 4.5 sec figure should not be thrown around so easily with the NSX. Unless you're FI or your name is Vance you're not running in the mid 4s 0-60 in an NSX. I don't care what magazine produced that time--duplicating it is a tall order.m

I'm probably running a mid 4s 0-60 or lower on my NA1 coupe. No FI and no my name isn't Vance. There is a catch however. My car weights in at under2700lb's (conservative estimate) and is soon to crack 2600lb's. But your point is well taken as most NSX's have everything they came with from the factory. I would probably surprise some Evo's and STI's, and even more so after I go FI :biggrin:

Back