I know this is a total rice question but I'm curious

GOTTSPD said:
There are 114 posts that have the phrase "lambo doors."

Did you do a search?

Ah hell, I'm sorry. I totally forgot to use it. It's not like I'm new to forums either, it just totally slipped my mind.

Go easy on me guys :P

I see one every day...in my garage. :cool:

I get nothing but compliments. Maybe they're lying but I don't think so. My car looks 99% stock otherwise.

This mod is definitely not for everyone and some absolutely hate it which I understand. But I've gotten an overwhelmingly positive response from just about everyone including other NSX owners at track events, etc.

NSXGMS said:
I see one every day...in my garage. :cool:

I get nothing but compliments. Maybe they're lying but I don't think so. My car looks 99% stock otherwise.

This mod is definitely not for everyone and some absolutely hate it which I understand. But I've gotten an overwhelmingly positive response from just about everyone including other NSX owners at track events, etc.

So you like them huh? Will you post some pics? Which kit did you go with and how much did it cost you? Does it make the doors awkward and do they feel unstable at all?

Last edited:
btcog82 said:
U can purchase flame suits through me :wink: :biggrin:

I heard sparco makes some good ones!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

How bout the GT-Rom ones?

03.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

Joey Link said:
Do any of you have or have you ever seen an NSX with the Lambo door conversion?

*flame suit on* (just in case)

Let me rephrase the question, do any of you have an NSX with the $-10,000 value conversion ?

Good luck getting out of the car if it ever rolls.

1121012upsidedown.jpg

Not really. I've seen a ton of cars roll. One incident in person. The doors always manage to get mangled and unable to open regarless of configuration. Front windshield and windows are usually shattered. Most any car door will jam with minimal ipact to it. Most vertical doors systems usually open partially (about 30 degrees) outward and then upward to 60-85 degrees. So don't get your panties in a bunch and loose sleep over a purchase like this.

zahntech said:
They don't seem to open with solid control of the door.

checkout this vid here http://211.10.2.99/200401/040113_m_veilside01.asx

Yes, while open the door can move back and forth a bit. The door is long and since it doesn't move sideways anymore it can bounce back and forth while fully up. Mine does that and it's not a problem. I consider mine solid and it has never done anything like that. However there are a lot of really bad kits out there. I did a lot of research before I bought mine and I am happy. After two years, my kit works the same as it did day one.

pach said:
Let me rephrase the question, do any of you have an NSX with the $-10,000 value conversion ?

Good luck getting out of the car if it ever rolls.

Don't forget about the Murcielago, Enzo, McLaren F1, Koenigsegg, DeLorean, Mercedes 250SL, Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale etc., etc., etc. :rolleyes:

Also, there are great kits available for nowhere near $10,000. I don't know where your $10,000 figure came from. :confused:

NSXGMS said:
Also, there are great kits available for nowhere near $10,000. I don't know where your $10,000 figure came from. :confused:

i think he meant the value of the car is going to drop that much after the conversion.. :biggrin:

afterburners said:
Not really. I've seen a ton of cars roll. One incident in person. The doors always manage to get mangled and unable to open regarless of configuration. Front windshield and windows are usually shattered. Most any car door will jam with minimal ipact to it. Most vertical doors systems usually open partially (about 30 degrees) outward and then upward to 60-85 degrees. So don't get your panties in a bunch and loose sleep over a purchase like this.

That isn't always the case. The side windows shatter but you RARELY see the windshield shatter and come out of the car. If the car is on its top, how can the vertical doors open at all then? Guess you didn't see the pics recently of the Lambo driver and passenger that burned to death when car rolled on top and stayed there and they were trapped inside.
This is a HUGE concern that should be factored into making a purchase such as this. Maybe you take safety lightly but please don't recommend others to do the same.

Back