I had a drug problem

I had a drug problem when I was young.
I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
I was drug to church for wedding and funerals.
I was drug to family reunions no matter the weather.
I was drug to the bus stop to go to school every weekday.
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults and
teachers.
I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my
parents.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my
behavior in every thing I do, say, and think.

They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin, and if today's
children had this kind of drug problem, America might be a better place.

Litesokneecough said:
teachers.
parents.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my
behavior in every thing I do, say, and think.

They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin, and if today's
children had this kind of drug problem, America might be a better place.

YOu are so right.

Litesokneecough said:
I had a drug problem when I was young...
That's good. I'm saving that! :)

Brian2by2 said:
Damnit, I hate it whe you older people blame all this sh*t on us!! YOU raised us...it was YOUR choice. Its like the Blink182: "If we're f*cked up, YOU're to blame!"
:confused: Brian, I don't get it. :confused: If any, Litesokneecough's post more-or-less agrees with what you say.

I guess I could understand him somewhat mirroring what I said...however, I honestly don't think that America is all that bad.

Our generation has not yet had a defining moment...a depression, a major war (iraq was not really "major"). Maybe 9/11 but eh. The 20's, 30's, 40's, (don't know about the 50s), 60's and 70's all had defining moments in history.

Our test is going to be how we manage through ours. I believe it should come around 2020 or so when our generation is inheriting power.

Brian2by2 said:
Damnit, I hate it whe you older people blame all this shit on us!! YOU raised us...it was YOUR choice. Its like the Blink182: "If we're f*cked up, YOU're to blame!"

Brian -

Obviously, not all children are "Bad". And this post was not directed at anyone - just a general statement. And you are very correct, most child problems can be traced back to the parents.

ya I bought a sports car like NSX because my father bought me a RED 911 RC car when I was a kid.. yaa all his fault!

I just find that kind of offensive. Not just in this situation, but I deal with alot of older people who use my internet service and they always tell me I'm not like most kids my age. I wasn't raised any different though...I had a normal (nowadays) life...divoriced parents, remarried, graduated high school, blah blah blah. And most of those drugs I was exposed to. I never did any real drug persay though.

Maybe I just know the "exceptions to the rule" but most of the people I work with are in their early 20's and I, like them, am helping my parents out financially quite a bit because of their failure to plan. I don't think its my generation that was messed up. I prefer to think it was your generation who was messed up in how to raise us...and that can relate to how you were raised, and so on. I don't know, I'm really sorry...i'm just rambling now, so let me hit that "Submit Reply" button.

teachers.
parents.

Brian2by2 said:
Not quite old enough to drink...

I see, you're still at that sensitive stage ;)

Litesokneecough's general statement does have a point and it seems like you don't fall in that category. Knowing the fact that a few exceptions doesn't change the majority's view on today's kids, you should be happy that you're exceptional and you should feel that way :)

aww thanks :) That was nice of you...

Every generation though has it's exceptions, positive or negative. And if you look at my generations negatives, look at their parents/enviroment right after you look at them. It's a generational thing...somewhere way way way back in the past, someone messed up badly!! :-D

Brian, don't take it so seriously. Yes, it is a generational thing. EVERY generation thinks the younger generation is not up to the task. Any task! Gen X and Gen Y feel that people concentrate on their negatives and don't appreciate their positives. I like this quote:

"We are the younger generation...I want to beg all you parents, and grandparents, and friends, and teachers, and preachers--you who constitute the "older generation"--to overlook our shortcomings, at least for the present, and to appreciate our virtues."

This is from Outlook magazine, December 6, 1922. The article is titled "A Flappers Appeal to Parents."

social institutions (governments/schools/leaders of faith) that are morally bankrupt, decay the fabric of society from within, while espousing moral good. The machines responsible for the human product need to be overhauled. greed and need have become indistinguishable as seperate words.

"evil occurs when good men do nothing."

i thank you for your time ;)

a perfect world = a boring world
happysad.gif

In a way, I kind of understand Brian's belligerance (sp?).
When I was in my teens, I remember how the baby-boomers would give us Gen-X'rs a hard time for being "too lazy" and "why don't you stand up for anything?" stuff. They probably even coined the term "generation X" for us because of those said reasons.

Now the "Y-generation" is the new target.

What comes around....

Back