I got some Tuning Questions.

Okay I would like to state that I don't have a NSX so no one thinks that I'm an NSX Imposer. As some may know we had a problem once but that was all fixed.

Okay I know that the NSX 3.0 liter engine can be Bored out to 3.6 lts. My question is how much would it cost to do this and how much would the HP be. Also I plan to lighten my car to about 2,400lbs. My question is how much would it cost to do a weight reduction on the car and could the car weight that much if the interior is not removed. Cause that is my goal to get my nsx with about 400hp+ that weighs about 2,400lbs.

Also here are some future plans that I have for my NSX. After I do the above I plan to buy a Type-R hood and a complete Marga Hill body kit. Then buy this spoiler

008.jpg

and place it, in place of were the original spoiler is. Hope you get what I mean buy that. Then I plan on painting the car Kaiser Silver and buying rims. The car should look somewhat like this car except the spoiler is going to be low and the front will have a Type-R hood and the car will be Kaiser Silver. It will have different rims and maybe a different wide rear fender.Thanks for answering all of my questions.

007.jpg

[This message has been edited by Midnight_Raven (edited 04 March 2003).]

I know but look at it this way by the time I can actually afford to do this the 91-01 NSX will cost like in the 10,000-20,000 range and I think the aftermarket parts aren't going to cost as much as before. Remember this is a future things I'm talking about not going to happen for a while.

Originally posted by Midnight_Raven:
Remember this is a future things I'm talking about not going to happen for a while.

Of course.
wink.gif
Hey, is it next year that you are graduating high school? Have you started thinking about colleges to apply to? Are you seriously thinking of going to a specialized design school of some sort, or an engineering school, or a traditional arts-and-sciences college?

No NSXtasy I got two more years I'm only a sophmore. I still got a while then off to college. Next year I will see what colleges I might be interested in.

Okay can anyone answer some of my questions.

All answers are very appriciated.

I think the engine cost question is just too loaded. Just because it can be done or it has been done does not mean that there is someone (or will be someone) available to do this kind of work and have it run acceptably. I think FI is the best route (and considerably cheaper) to get to the stated HP goal. Otherwise contact King Motorsports.

Weight wise there is no way to get that light with the interior intact. If it was, the Type R/S/etc would already be there. My track buddy has removed all of the seats and carpet but not the dash from his ITR, and it weighs 2400 with a full tank of gas. I am shooting for 2400# with my NSX, but there is nothing inside that resembles the stock car, plus I am pulling ABS, AC, very lightweight exhaust, no door windows, lexan hatch, and eventually CF pieces as needed. Not a streetable car in any sense of the word.

Sorry to be so negative, but I do not think your scenario is viable.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

Aww that is too bad I was hoping I could keep the dash and the carpet on the seats I was thinking of changing and stuff but O well. That realy stinks. Anways can you tell me how much it would cost. I like the N/A motors more than Turboed or supercharged. You don't get any lag and stuff like that with the N/A motor. Well I will try to lighten it as much as I can while trying to do what I plan to do to the car in the future.

Since you have so much time before you even get a the car, why don't you spend some quality time doing the research for us? Checking weights of everything, different options of engine enhancements and the like?

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I like that idea.Raven, you have HOMEWORK to do,,lol.

If you want to I could but if you think about it I run on a busy schedule. I got to do track then homework and studying and ect. I actually am a realy busy person always doing stuff.

I'll try to find out this stuff if you want, seriously. Not Joking.

We are all busy people around here too. We have to in order to afford these cars. LOL Gotta work !!
smile.gif

It doesn't bother me to know any of that information at all. I'm almost happy with my car the way it is.

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Yeah your right. It would be fun to own that beast. I guess I have to stick with the original nsx body and power. Well not realy I think I will update the power a little to about 380-420 HP. That all that I will do.

Originally posted by Midnight_Raven:
Yeah your right. It would be fun to own that beast. I guess I have to stick with the original nsx body and power. Well not realy I think I will update the power a little to about 380-420 HP. That all that I will do.

Up the power a little to 380-420! This is more than a little. Trust me, that isn't all you'll do.
smile.gif

------------------
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by 92NSX:
Up the power a little to 380-420! This is more than a little. Trust me, that isn't all you'll do.
smile.gif

Of course, by then he will be able to buy the Mxyzptlk Supercharger-Phaser that will have been introduced in 2011.

Do you even have a driver's license? I think you should be focusing on your studies and getting laid rather than thinking about how to make an NSX faster. Why dont you start out with a Civic?

------------------
91 Red/Ivory #2061
K&N Filter, DC Headers, DaliRacing Chip

Nothing wrong with dreaming big (good start if you ask me)..... Besides, if he gets the NSX he won't have a problem with getting the ladies
icon_wink.gif
(keep up the studies though, make enough $$$ and you won't have to settle for less)

I was going to get my Permit today since I'm already 16 but my dad who was going to take me to the regristry drank some beer and use this as an excuse for not taking me. He said he could not go because in the regristy the people will be able to smell the beer. I guess he is right but man that means I will have to wait about a week till I can go and get my permit.

Back