I got me one!!!! BB 96!

Primers!! So Ive finally got one of my own.

So wifey gave me the green light for an NSX and I was searching for awhile. I was actually searching over the years and didnt know if Id ever be at a stage in my life to afford one. BUT Im here! I was doing the typical craiglist, ebay, autotrader.com, prime searches. I was in the middle of buying a local 92 but had my heart set on a targa. Being the impatient person that I am, I couldnt wait. I didnt think Id find a deal on a targa. So in the middle of the paperwork for the 92, I decided to give autotrader ONE last shot. Lo and behold, there it was!! A black 96 with 83k!!!! Asking $33k. Got an AMAZING deal on it. DEF coulda sold for more. Ad couldnt have been posted any longer than maybe 12 hours as I was looking everyday. Seller was great! He was getting an oil change that day at the dealership and he had one person to show it to that morning. The potential buyer said he wanted to see the carfax so the seller emailed me a copy also. Clean carfax and his story coincided with the events stated on the carfax. First owner was "corporate", second owner had it for 10 years and the seller bought it last year and now wants an F430. First potential buyer never gave him an offer so he moved on to me and I said its as good as sold, just take the ad down. Gave him a deposit, bought a one way ticket to LAX and arrived Friday night. He picked me and my nephew up and took us to the car, did the deal, hung out at my uncle's in Long Beach and hit the road the next day.

Nothing special happened on the way back to Seattle. Only a few weird occurences at gas stations. First stop in Malibu, an old man and his middle aged son approached me and asked for money for a bottled water and so I gave him a bottled water. They paused and then asked for money for bus fare. I declined on that. First you want money for water and I give you water then you want money for bus? Anyway. Next stop for gas somewhere north of San Francisco, a kid asked me to use my cell phone and I didnt even think he would run away with it until later but I said no, sorry. As we left the gas station, we see that same exact kid GETTING HANDCUFFED right across the street!! Lol!! Crazy. THEN in Redding, at 4:40am, pulling out of the gas station, a man in a Taurus waves me down as he's pulling in, rolls down his window and asks for gas money. ?!?!?!?!? You're driving around in the middle of nowhere at 4:40am asking for gas money?!!? WHAT THE!!!! So other than that, it was uneventful.

Im coming from a few supercharged S2000s perviously. My friend told me that the S is more fun to drive than the X. At first I didnt believe him, but after picking up the X and driving it back up, I have to agree with him. The S is easier to toss around. The best way I can describe it is that the S is like a Jack Russell and the X is like an English Bulldog. (not in terms of speed of course) Just in terms of the stance and feel. The X is low and stout. Im assuming the MR aspect is probably a difference maker. Never owned one so I wouldnt know. My friend agreed with me when I said, the feedback is kinda......mute...like I feel like the rear end is gonna whip out if I gas it too much. I know it wont but its just a feeling I get. I need to take it to an open lot and learn the threshold of the TCS, etc. The car is stock so its not like it has monstrous torque that will cause it to get crazy. But all in all, this is an AMAZING piece of machinery. The seats are INCREDIBLY more comfortable than the S2000 and the feel and presence of it is friggin awesome! Only mod was a short shifter and leatherseats.com RED seat covers, which I was turned off by when I initally saw the ad but its grown on me. Its not bad. Tint coming on monday!

Oh!! And the gas mileage!!! WTH!!! 400 miles to the tank?!!? 25 MPG!?!? Is that foreal?? Thats AMAZING!! I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!

Pics soon!! Need to wash it.

Congrates!!! I love black and black. But my father loves white so i got him that.. Anyways!! Have fun..

25 mpg, you sure its an NSX, I almost get 8 mpg I redline from stop sign to stop sign daily. 93 octane isnt cheap.

the stories of the people wanting money is a common thing for exotic owners they think we can spare a few pennies but we work hard for every penny so we can buy an NSX.

I love cars, and I never give to bums inless its christmas time, I had this bum with one leg, I swear they must all be getting them cut off at the bum camp to make more money. anyway
his sign read " out of work Car mechanic 2 kids anything helps" it touched me cuz I have 2 kids and love cars I gave him about 60 bucks I had in my wallet mostly 1 dollar bills looked more than it was to the people in the other cars. the guys eyes poped out of his head I told him I work on cars and I have 2 kids go home and hug your children

yes I will god bless you sir.

if I only had one leg I would mow grass, or anything to bring in money would never beg for hand outs even though its tax free.

Last edited:
Coming from an S2000 too I agree with you on your handling observations. The NSX can carry a lot more speed than the S going around corners or straight and it feels very planted at high speeds that gives the feeling that the car has less feedback, I think the limits are a lot higher. I miss the agility and shifter of the S and am determined to pick another S up in a couple of years.

FINALLY zipped up my EG. Did the timing belt and water pump and oil pan gasket on that. It was down for about a month. Honda sent me the wrong parts and I don't wanna be using the X as a DD. went to OReillys and they had all the right parts. Anyway, only had time to wash the X. Sorry, no pics yet gs. Gonna detail the interior tomorrow so pics for sure!!

- - - Updated - - -

VTEC, with the short shifter and my J's racing countersunk knob, the shifting is pretty close to the S surprisingly. Countersunk knobs make a huge difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, alright, here ya go!
3baa516f5c57107bf4f8cc5ffb3492d7.jpg

8a4c27390e311a1ecd3e3aa0a60e429c.jpg

from the autotrader ad...
nsx.jpeg

nsx4.jpeg

Grats on the car, love black nsxs, those seats are .... really... bright!

DAYUUUM! Those are bright red seats.

So those are covers that can be taken off?

Last edited:
Yeah, they can be taken off. I dont know why theyre so bright in the pictures. Its toned down in real life, lol. Trust me, I didnt like em either but its not bad. If it were up to me, Id have gone with black leather with black alcantara centers.

Dhalsim, yes, they can be taken off. Just undo the clips that hold each piece in place and replace em.

I think they look really good for covers. So the OEM black leather isn't underneath the cover?

What part of the country are you in? I had seats like that made for my original NSX back in 2003. They were VERY high quality red leather. Looked exactly like that. Wondering if they were swapped into this car.

nice bordello theme you have there! many happy miles!

Wow, great car. And thanks for the wonderful description. Takes me back to when I got mine - well, the first one anyway. Someday I'll have to write how stupidly insane I was to trade my first NSX in on a BMW M5 and how it took 3 years to get rid of it and back into an '02 NSX. Actually, I was sort of locked into the transaction from the start, but I probably could have gotten out of it, but still - once you have an NSX, never let it go. You will regret it.

Source, Im in the PacNW. These were bought and installed by the previous owner so Im sure they're not from yours. :) Yes, its VERY high quality. I dont know if anything was done with the cushions but they feel firm like they're brand new.

Dhalsim, no, these covers....I guess I shouldnt call them covers?? They REPLACE the factory leather. There's a sample of a guy on here somewhere, DIY section I believe, that did the seats and the door inserts. Black and green. Check em out, leatherseats.com.

SLarsen, no, I was one of those people that had auto ADHD. Couldnt keep a car for longer than a year, if that. But Ive slowed down. I promised my wife Id actually keep this one. Not a hard promise to make. She said she knows Ive always dreamt of owning one ever since she met me and we've known each other 10 yrs.

DAMMIT, its not that bright people!! Lol. :) Nah, it really isnt tho. More of a light burgundy. Just gotta see it in person. Well, Ive got plenty to learn with suspension on these cars. I'll probably be asking you guys soon about getting it to the right ride height.

Local dealership has a KILLER deal for TB/WP - $899 on ANY Acura, clearly not meant to be directed towards NSX owners, lol. Got an appointment on Saturday. Was gonna do it myself during the winter but price is too good to pass up. I gotta do the valve cover gaskets and the oil pressure gauge is inop so I ordered the upgrade kit from SOS. Looking forward to knowing the car as well as I did with the S2000. The supercharger install on the S was pretty fun.

congratulation.

Just slammed that baby and you're all set. I drove the S2000 for about a year, and I can say that NSX is the better and fun car :)

In all account, NRG, before you slam the S, you need to "really" drive the S to like it. :) It is not a boulevard cruiser by any means, but I know what you mean. :)

congratulation.

Just slammed that baby and you're all set. I drove the S2000 for about a year, and I can say that NSX is the better and fun car :)

I noticed last night that Primer Hatchboi has basically the same seats in his BB. However he also has red leather inserts in the door and the red Type-R carpet which I think makes everything flow nicely. Might want to check his NSX out for ideas.

I feel the same way about taking pics of alcantara, it looks great in person but the pictures sometimes make my car look cheap :(. I'm sure the red is nice in person

Back